+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: web site opinions/ideas needed

web site opinions/ideas needed

first off, let me state that i am not trying to sell anyone anything.

now, that that's out of the way...i've never done anything as far as using much html or designing sites or anything. and, i've spent the past several days (running on very little sleep) trying to figure it out. i think i have things up and running, but i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on anything that should be done differently or anything that should be added? really, any help would be greatly appreciated. if you have a chance to check it out, let me know what you think by either signing the guestbook on the homepage, sending me a pm or replying to this thread. thanks so much!

kym

here's the link: kreations by kym
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

well, I looked at the page, but couldn't sign the guest book.

Nice page, neat items. But not sure what the guest book issue was. It was easy to move around on the website however.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

in banana world
    I think you should put the icons for the products bigger, so that they stand out more. Maybe you could put them vertical instead of horizontal, and I would also put them above "Where all the products are handmade..." so people see the products right away. Maybe you could add images of your products if you have any available. People usually like to see what they are buying. You could also try using other colors along with purple, such as white, or blue, or yellow, etc.

That's about all I can think of for now. I hope it helps. So far, however, I think your website is looking good and you did a good job. Oh, and if you have any questions regarding anything I mentioned here or any other question in general regarding the design of your website, feel free to pm me.

Hey Kym! Fun product, I hope it does well for you.

The only suggestion I might have is changing the way "Kreations by Kim" appears, if possible. The K's seem disjointed from the words they're forming. Perhaps if you use Illustrator for the typesetting, you could vertically center the lower case lettering with the upper-case K's.

Good luck sweety!
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Kym,

I'm pretty much in agreement with happybanana. It would be nice to see images of the product you are selling. I have a hard time buying product I can't see. Do you have a Logo? Another thing to add might be a page telling your customer who you are, why you created the line, etc. Basically, a small biography of you and your business...let them know who Kym is.

I did a pretend checkout and the process seemed to flow very nicely.

Overall, I would say pretty good job for putting your first website together. Good Luck!

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Great idea. I hope it's succesful.
    I agree about the pictures. If your willing, you could add a short story about yourself or your company, like applesauce suggested. The grey background seemed a bit dark for me.
    Each product category could have a different looking page or heading.
    The products sound really good. They could great gifts for wedding attendants, shower favors, anniversaries... You could play up the gift aspect and/or bulk orders.

I like it! I made a note to go back and shop later. Best luck with it.

thanks guys - you all gave me some really good ideas! i am going to be adding an "about us" link telling about who i am and what i'm doing - just working on getting it written out. i'm also going to be doing something about the pages being so long and having to scroll so far to look at all of the scents/flavors. also working on some descriptions of the scents/flavors. and...am going to borrow my in-laws digital camera this weekend and try and get some pics of the products up - mine seems to have all but died on me lol.

thanks again for all of the ideas! i think the problem with the guestbook has been fixed - if not, please let me know.

kym
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Good Luck Kym!

Quote Originally Posted by applesauce
    Good Luck Kym!

thanks so much!

kym

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast