+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: What time do you go to sleep/wake up?

in banana world

What time do you go to sleep/wake up?

I have always been a night person. It's hard for me to go to sleep before 2 a.m., unless I am extremely tired. I just feel that the day is not over. Even if I have nothing to do, I will stay up late watching TV.

As a consequence of this bad habit, unless I have an early class (which is only twice a week, and by early I mean at 10 a.m. ) I will sleep well until 12:00 p.m. Sometimes even later. It is a very hard habit to kick! No matter how early I go to sleep, I still find it difficult to wake up in the morning. I feel as though I have a rock that weighs a ton on my body that makes it sooooo hard for me to just get up from my bed!

So, at what time do you guys normally go to sleep and wake up? Share your bad (or good) habits with the rest of us. Oh, and if anyone has any advice on how I could make it easier to wake up (one of the biggest challenges in my life ), it would be greatly appreciated.

You sound just like me, Happybanana! I rarely get to sleep before 2:00 A.M., but unfortunately I also have to get up around 8:00 every day. I also have insomnia, but that's a whole other issue.

Ideally, I'd go to bed at 2:00 and get up around 10:00.

As for getting used to waking up earlier, I'd recommend aiming for a gradual change. Start adjusting your sleep schedule by making your bedtime and waking-time earlier, moving in as little as 10-minute increments. Before you go to bed, try to relax by taking a bath or listening to music, and you'll find it easier to fall asleep. It's not going to happen overnight, unfortunately, and that's the best advice I can think of to make the process smoother.

Aww...I wish I could sleep in.

I regularly sleep after midnight and have to wake up at 7 to go to school. 7 hours may seem like a lot, but I am totally not a morning person. I have a very short attention span and fall asleep a lot in class (stealthly of course ).
    I love you J.J. Abrams for "LOST" AND "ALIAS"!!

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the road less traveled by and they CANCELLED MY FRIKKIN' SHOW. I totally shoulda took the road that had all those people on it. Damn. -Joss Whedon (Firefly and Buffy ROCK too! )

I am a night owl. That is a given.

I normally to bed around 1 or 2 in the morning ---- unless I didn't get a work call the night before. As for when I have to be up, if I haven't got a subbing call for the next day I am up at 5 am and let me tell you that is not pretty. I am like , until at least 10am.

If I do have a subbing job I am up an hour before I have to be there as it takes 30 min for me to drive to work normally.

As for how to get up early. I had to do that for my two blocks of student teaching. After about a week or so I did it naturally, but that doesn't mean I like it.

I'm a night owl and have been since I was a young child. I'm usually awake until 1:30 or 2:00 am. I have to drag myself out of bed in the mornings. My husband is just the opposite. He can barely stay awake past 10:30 and is up by 6:30 or 7:00. Since he gets up early, he takes care of the kids and lets me sleep in a bit.

The funny thing is, I'm at my most productive late at night. I seem to get so much more done while everyone else is snoozing.

Unfortunately I have to get up at 4am to go to work, which kills me. I end up going to bed around 9-10 during the week. I am not a morning person, I'd rather stay up late.

Make sure you keep the alarm clock away from the bed, that snooze button will get you in trouble in the mornings!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Usually try to get to bed around 9:00PM up at 4:30-5:00AM (no alarm clock here - well no mechanical alarm clock - a 9 lb tabby named Mona and a 17 lb black & white fellow named Joey usually "stare" me awake or beat my nose or forehead with front paws. "Breakfast Dad!"
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Leo
    Premium Member
    Midnight is the earliest I'll go to bed, with 1-2 AM being the latest. On weekdays, I'm up by around 5:30 or 6. On weekends, I'll sleep in until 10 AM or so.

Kids, try not to imitate what I do.

Sleep is very important to me, I love my sleep. I usually go to bed around 10 p.m. and my son usually wakes up around 6-6:30 a.m.

When my kids were babies, I would be in bed by 9p.m. just because I had such a hectic day the next day with them. Atleast now there are times where I may even go to bed at 11p.m.

In bed at 11, up at 6am. Even on the weekends I swear I am going to stay up later and sleep in. Dang the built in body alarm clock. And daylight savings time - I HATE THAT!! Don't forget - turn the clock back tonight!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast