+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: What time do you go to sleep/wake up?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I'm one of those late night owls...terrible insomniac here! Usually in bed around 2:00 a.m., tho not nessecarily asleep. Up at 6:30 to get son ready for school..at work by 8:30........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

i have terrible insomnia!!!
    i will only feel sleep around 3a.m and i haf to be ready for school by 8a.m!!!
    so i'm perpetually suffering from lack of sleep and terrible dark eye rings!
    each time one loves is the only time one ever love...differences of object merely intensify the passion

Was getting to bed at 10 pm on the dot before the baby was born but now not getting to sleep until around 11 or 12. The baby's in bed so I don't know what's up with that. Get up at 6 for work.

I have the sleeping pattern of an infant - if it were up to me, I'd get ten hours of sleep every night. My boyfriend is constantly making fun of how I make senior citizens look like night owls I secretly envy my cats, who sleep twelve to sixteen hours a day. Of course, I wouldn't get much reading (or FORTing) done that way, so I should probably be happy with things as they are. On a typical night, I'll be in bed by 10 pm and up between 6.30 and 8, depending on whether or not I have morning classes. I love to read in bed, so sometimes I'll crawl into bed as early as 8 pm and then read for a couple of hours. Bliss. On the weekend, I usually stay up a little later - until midnight, ordinarily - and get up around 9 or 10 am.

I know, I'm lame. Everyone who knows me is grateful that I get enough sleep, though: believe me, I'm not fun to be around if I'm deprived of my precious 9-10 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

Please tell me that I'm not a freak. Fellow sleep addicts, come forward!
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar
    A long time ago I used to try to go to bed by 10pm. Sometimes I'd even go to bed by 9 so I could worry about all my problems and get them out of my mind before going to bed. Then a few years ago I found that I couldn't get to sleep before 12 anyway. If I went to bed earlier I stayed awake until 12.

Now I try to get off the computer and turn off the tv by 11 so I can get cleaned up and go to bed by 12. I've been having a hard time sleeping again. I've been fighting insomnia on and off for the past year or so. I took Ambien for a while but didn't want to get stuck taking it so I quit after a few weeks.

My alarm goes off at 7:20am, I have to be out of bed by 7:30, and I leave the house by 7:45. I live really close to work, like 3.5 miles, so it doesn't take too long to get there.

I have a dual sleep schedule and it just kills me sometimes. It's not that I'm not a morning person (once I get up), I think it's just I'm more of a night person. I feel heavily motivated the later it gets; however...

Last year I had a project for work and I was going into the office by 6 every morning. Toward the end of the project, I would go in at 5:30, and the last week of the project I was up and working from home by 4 AM and going into the office around 7. This has now become my habit.

On the days that I actually go into the office(Tues/Thurs), the alarm goes off at 3:45 AM. I'm on the road sometime between 4:30 and 5:00 and in the office between 5:30 and 6:00. On the days I work from home (M,W,F) the alarm goes off at 3:45 but I push Snooze until 4:30ish and I'm online working by 5:00. My east coast peers tend to forget that I'm on the west coast and take it for granted that I'm going to be online at 8AM eastern time.

The dual part of this sleep schedule is that I love staying up late. I've been known to stay up reading or cleaning or sewing or whatever until 4, 5, even 6 in the morning. Then I crash and get up again around 12 noon. Unfortunately, sleeping until 12 noon is not conducive for going back to bed at 8 or 9 PM so often on Sunday nights I toss and turn, fall asleep around 1:30 and then groan when I have to get up the next day. The bonus is, I'm so tired by Monday night that I have no trouble falling asleep early to drive to the office on Tuesday.

I'm usually in bed by 10:30 but I haven't slept through the night in years. If I'm not up using the restroom, I'm up just because for whatever reason. I think I see the times 1, 3, and 5 pretty often. Then around 6:00 I'm usually up for the day because I just can't sleep any longer, even on the weekends. If I do manage to sleep past 8, I sometimes get one of those in-bed-too-long headaches.

I'm currently in college so my schedule changes each semester but I take morning classes. Sometimes they start at 8 and sometimes not until 10 (am). This semester is my last and my classes don't start until 10 am but I still get up early, my body is just wired that way. I'm primed and ready for old age - getting up earlier and earlier and going to bed earlier and earlier

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456