+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What time do you go to sleep/wake up?

in banana world
    Wow I have to admire you guys, most of you actually wake up pretty early (then again, compared to the time I wake up, anything is early!)

I think my internal clock is broken because I never wake up at a decent time without my alarm clock.

waywyrd, I have tried doing before what you suggested about keeping my alarm clock away from the bed. Let me tell you, it did not work with me. I would actually get up from my bed and turn the alarm off, and go back to bed

I figure that when I am out of college and working a full-time job, my internal clock will have to adjust to my new schedule. I always joke that I am going to put a note on my resume that says: "may not go to work earlier than 2 p.m. - Doctor's orders." I don't think I will ever get hired like that though.

Oh, and luckily my chihuahua is just as lazy as I am and is happy to sleep in all day with me

go to bed at 11-12, wake up at 7

Everything depends on what shift I'm working...if it's a morning shift I try and get to sleep by midnight cause I have to be up at 4am. If it's a night shift or a day off I'm up till 1-2am and still wake up no later than 6am just out of habit. I'm a napper though and love to catch an hour or two whenever it's possible, no problem at all for me to do that (I know a lot of people just can't nap, but oh boy can I ever).

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana
    In bed at 11, up at 6am. Even on the weekends I swear I am going to stay up later and sleep in. Dang the built in body alarm clock. And daylight savings time - I HATE THAT!! Don't forget - turn the clock back tonight!
    If you turn them back, you'll be two hours late for everything. Turn them ahead. Remember, spring forward, fall back.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    I'm a fan of Casey Time because it means us West Coasters get to hang with Pom.
    Aw, Mariner

I often think of you during the day, after a late night at the FORT, and I wonder, “How in the heck is she able to function in court after being up on the FORT so late?” It’s amazing to me!!

Our dogs are lucky that they have wrapped us so tightly around their little paws!

Quote Originally Posted by happybanana
    waywyrd, I have tried doing before what you suggested about keeping my alarm clock away from the bed. Let me tell you, it did not work with me. I would actually get up from my bed and turn the alarm off, and go back to bed

Oh, and luckily my Chihuahua is just as lazy as I am and is happy to sleep in all day with me
    happybanana, I am able to maintain this early schedule only because I set THREE alarms each night: one on my RCA television – I recently had to replace my TV and I made sure that the new one had a built-in timer, like the old one, so that I could use it to get me up. Nothing works to wake up a person quite like hearing the theme song from COPS blare at 4:00 a.m. (“Bad boyz, bad boyz, whatchagonnado??”). The other thing I use is two different alarms in my cell phone – I programmed it to play the most annoying march ever written. Those tricks help me get up.

As for your lazy Chihuahua – that’s the little dog you rescued a while back, right??? I will ask you for an update over in the “For Animal Lovers” thread!

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    Everything depends on what shift I'm working...if it's a morning shift I try and get to sleep by midnight cause I have to be up at 4am. If it's a night shift or a day off I'm up till 1-2am and still wake up no later than 6am just out of habit.
    libra, I give you lots and lots of credit for working a variable shift. That would wipe me out. I’m able to maintain my early schedule only because I’ve developed a routine. I don’t know how you can alter your routine – you’re amazing! Thank goodness for people like you who keep our world running!!!

I'm a night person.

Always have been, always will be.

The shifts I work are varied and absolutely insane, so I really catch the devil.

I don't have a set wake up/go-to-sleep time, but somehow manage to do what I have to do when I have to do it.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I have no *set* sleep schedule. Lately I've been stricken with insomnia (not fun) and I'll stay awake all night long -- usually listening to books on tape. When my sleep pattern is "normal", I'll stay up till 1:00 a.m. or so. I'm one of those people that needs LOTS of sleep (at LEAST 8 hours), and when I'm not sleeping enough, I get VERY cranky.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

in banana world
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    happybanana, I am able to maintain this early schedule only because I set THREE alarms each night: one on my RCA television – I recently had to replace my TV and I made sure that the new one had a built-in timer, like the old one, so that I could use it to get me up. Nothing works to wake up a person quite like hearing the theme song from COPS blare at 4:00 a.m. (“Bad boyz, bad boyz, whatchagonnado??”). The other thing I use is two different alarms in my cell phone – I programmed it to play the most annoying march ever written. Those tricks help me get up.
    I am really gonna have to try that method. I am going to put about five alarm clocks in different places, all 5 minutes apart from each other, with the most annoying sound in the world. If that doesn't get me up, then I don't know WHAT will!

As for your lazy Chihuahua – that’s the little dog you rescued a while back, right??? I will ask you for an update over in the “For Animal Lovers” thread!
    Yep, that's the one!

Oh, and Jewelsy, I also get so cranky when I don't get enough sleep. I usually wake up feeling pretty blah when I lack sleep, and I feel that way for the rest of the day.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I usually go to bed between 10 and 11. Up around 6:30 to make hubby's lunch and start the day without the short one for a few minutes.

I'm a night owl too -- I'm always up till at least midnight (I've been trying to do better at being in BED with lights OUT by midnight, and getting up at 8.) If I know I have to be up super-early for something, I sleep badly, dreaming about being late. My workplace isn't picky about when I come in in the morning, as long as I work 8 hours and get everything covered that I need to, so it makes me lazy -- I try to come in at a reasonable hour more so the men who run my parking garage don't make fun of me than to please the boss.
    But my clock is my downfall, because it's small and it's battery-operated, which means I can wake up with the alarm, reach over and grab it, and drag it back into the bed with me, the better to keep hitting snooze.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast