+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 179 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105145 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone pregnant?

Holy crap, ClosetNerd...having your period for 18 straight days is not good. If you're falling asleep all the time it could very well be that you're anemic, for starters. Get your behind to the doctor post-haste...you can't look after the little guy if you're not well yourself. :nono
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

18 days? ClosetNerd, everyone's right. You should call a doctor ASAP.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    HOLY CRAP ClosetNerd!!!....you need to call the doctor ASAP!!!!!! 18 days of having your cycle is not good. Please go see the doctor. It may be nothing, but you don't want to chance your life, do you?
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    ClosetNerd, LG got me all confused too :nono I thought I had read it wrong.

I guess with Ash being so young you are relieved it's not 18 days late.
    True! And yes, you all made very good points. I will call first thing in the morning
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Hi everyone! Well, Avery is finally here! He was born Saturday, April 8 at 1:06 AM after 31+ hours of labor. It was super hard work but totaly worth it, of course. Ian Avery was 7 lbs, 20 inches, and had apgars of 8 and 9. He came out eyes open and alert. His daddy was great during labor and only left my side when I made him go eat (he wouldn't eat in front of me, he said it wasn't fair). We are recovering at home and have lots of help from the grandparents. I have attached a few pics. Thanks and good luck to all you mommies to be!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Here comes Avery! April 10, 2006

Congrats Cahalanmac!!! A new baby added to the FORT family. And what a cute baby! I'm glad everything ended well and you are all doing good. Was it you who was thinking about giving birth without an epidural? How did that work out for you?

Congratulations cahalanmac! Avery is just adorable and the new mommy and daddy look as proud as ever!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    Congrats Cahalanmac!!! A new baby added to the FORT family. And what a cute baby! I'm glad everything ended well and you are all doing good. Was it you who was thinking about giving birth without an epidural? How did that work out for you?

Thanks! I did want to go natural. I did the first 14 hours at home and then we went to the hospital. We went completely natural for the first 27 hours, but I didn't dilate past 5 cm, though my contractions were plenty strong! I was stuck on 5 for about 4 or 5 hours, after which the doc said epidural or c-section, so I opted for the epidural. I hated it by the way. I actually liked laboring, yes it hurt, but it was productive and necessary. I had never felt closer to my husband and we had an amazing time. After the epidural (stupid epidural) I dilated the last 5 cm in three hours and we had Avery in seven (!) contractions. I sort of resented the doctor for making me follow her time table of a normal labor, but the end result is amazing, so I am staying positive about it. My back is a little wonky from the epi, I am getting some weird twinges, but other than that, no harm done I guess. Next time I think we will try for a home birth so that we can labor on our time table.
    Here comes Avery! April 10, 2006

LG.
    Congrats Cahalamac! Avery looks beautiful. Glad that everything went ok for you. Sorry about the epidural. They didn't offer you anything besides epidural or c-section? No Nubain or ITM (inter-thecal morphine)? After 40 hours of labor with my daughter (and 8 hours on pictocin) I was offered ITM, epidural or c-section. I had the ITM (one shot, nothing left in my back) and my daughter was born 45 minutes later. I was up walking down the hall to the non-delivery room and moving around furniture less than an hour later.

I'm trying to keep an open mind about an epidural for my upcoming delivery, but know that if I can avoid it again I will because so many people dislike how it affects you afterwards.

Congrats again - you guys all look super happy.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

cahalanmac, congratulations! Little Avery is adorable, and you and your husband look like you're in heaven. I love Avery's sweet little hand in the picture with his daddy. Sorry about the epidural, but it's great to hear you and your husband worked so well together.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread