+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 179 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone pregnant?

Congrats to all those who are pregnant.

Goodluck to all those trying, combat...I wish you all the best.

I have 2 kids, don't want anymore, had my tubes tied and didn't enjoy being pregnant, especially the second time around. I was sick for 6 of the 9 months every morning, I had ugly maternity clothes I borrowed from my cousin because they are so bloody expensive and I got all red marks on my face and I felt fat and ugly.

I find other pregnant women so beautiful and glowing but I didn't see it in me.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    Omg applesauce! ever have a stranger touch your newborns face or hands?? That would drive me wildly insane!! I even stopped one old lady from putting her finger in my baby's mouth!! I was so mad I could spit!

I'm a bit of a germaphobe.
    Where do you people live, anyway? No one ever laid a hand on my stomach, and certainly not my babies (although people would stop and tell me how adorable they were ). I must look really mean, or something.

Combat, I had a helluva time getting preggers the second time around - I was what is being called an "AMA" and I was very worried that I wouldn't be able to conceive. After six months of trying - really, REALLY trying - my doctor said she would start me on fertility treatments (considering my age) and on the day that I had the appointment to see her about that, I found out I was pregnant with my 2nd child. It's often said that once you relax and don't worry about conceiving you'll get pregnant, and there is some truth to that. Good luck to you and your husband.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Good luck to you combatcutie!!!! That is what I did...I relaxed...now if I can only relax now! :rolleyes
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

Stargazer,

My cramps come and go with less frequency now. They are never severe. My Doc says it is normal and that I should worry only if they are severe. I have no spotting or bleeding.

I go for an ultrasound on Thursday!!!

As for me, right now, no nausea. I hope it stays that way!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Thanks everyone for wishing me and Mr. combatcutie the best of luck. We are having a helluva time too AJane. This weekend I started what seems to be my cycle I am thinking about calling my family doctor to have a conference with him. I just ovulated last Tuesday, so it can't be my cycle (at least I don't think so) I was very upset yesterday and today. Ended up crying most of the day yesterday, which I know doesn't help matters any.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Okay, so here's another question.........did you crave anything strange?
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    Thanks everyone for wishing me and Mr. combatcutie the best of luck. We are having a helluva time too AJane. This weekend I started what seems to be my cycle I am thinking about calling my family doctor to have a conference with him. I just ovulated last Tuesday, so it can't be my cycle (at least I don't think so) I was very upset yesterday and today. Ended up crying most of the day yesterday, which I know doesn't help matters any.
    You might have a short Luteal phase (phase between ovulation and first day of your period). Are you taking your basal body temperature? I can recommend "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler. It is a great and very informative book. Btw. Clomid can help with short luteal phase as well as progesterone injections, but you should talk to a reproductive endocrinologist if you suspect fertility problems. Charting you temperature is the first step to getting to know your cycle, and it is actually quite interessting.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    Okay, so here's another question.........did you crave anything strange?
    Not strange, just not my normal foods.

I am a pretty healthy eater but during pregnancy, I have horrible sugar cravings....soda, donuts, cookies, ice cream. Everything I shouldn't and normally wouldn't eat. I also have red meat cravings. I rarely eat red meat but when I'm pregnant, all I want is a juicy cheeseburger. This pregnancy has been pretty bad. I spent the first 5 months sick 24/7 so I could barely keep anything down. Now, I'm feeling much better and have had to FORCE myself not to give in to very many of those cravings. I try to tame my sugar cravings by eating fresh fruit or berry salad and my meat craving, well...I just go get a darned burger from Taxi's and that takes care of that.

Oh, and Mac & Cheese.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    a short LP can be helped with progesterone under the advice of a physician. I personally wouldn't use over the counter progesterone creams because they're not mandated by the FDA and so the dosage may not always been consistent. The book recommended above, TCOYF comes so highly recommended by almost everyone I know dealing with fertility! It must be good!

I liked using http://www.cyclespage.com to put in your dates - it just helps me remember without having to write it down anywhere!! I have long cycles so I'm not your typical O on day 14, so it's very helpful.

Good luck - I know the struggles - we're on our 3rd year of the ups and downs!! Keep the faith!!!
    Last edited by marybethp; 04-11-2005 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    The book recommended above, TCOYF comes so highly recommended by almost everyone I know dealing with fertility! It must be good!
    it is the bible of fertility. I personally think every single woman should read it, no matter if they want to become pregnant or not, it also helps those who want to use natural birth control (there really are only a few days during your cycle where you can get pregnant, and the method in the book will help you pinpoint them).
    Last edited by astrogirl_2100; 04-11-2005 at 05:50 PM.

+ Reply to Thread