+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 179 FirstFirst ... 39798081828384858687888990919293949596979899139 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone pregnant?

Holy Tallulah!!! Congratulations! I'm sure you'll do great. You'll just be running around for a couple of years.

Tallulah ! How exciting and terrifying at the same time!

LG, good news on the Level II!

Congrats, AmyKay! Love the name Chloe!

Congrats Tallulah! Two babies, how exciting!
    Here comes Avery! April 10, 2006

LG.
    Wow Tallulah, sounds like you might have a houseful soon. Good luck with all that.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

TWINS!!!! WOW!!
    Congrats! and good luck

Thanks everyone for the well wishes, Ill keep ya posted as things progress!

Hi everyone,
    Dont know if this is the right place to post this, or if I should start a new thread. Maybe the answere is in here somewhere but I dont have time to read through 45 pages.

When I was quite young I got my tubes tied---Never, ever wanted kids.
    Now that I'm probably to old to have them, I want them.
    So last summer I got my tubes reversed. Only one side worked, and thats the side I NEVER ovulate on.
    So now I'm thinking of either adopting ( so many horror stories! ), or haveing invetro (think thats what its called). The cost of it is not really an issue, IF it were to work. I've heard that the drugs you have to take cause cancer. That the chance of haveing a stillborn or a retarded baby are quite a bit higher once you're over 35.
    Just dont know what to do..................
    I really want a baby, preferably two, but I hate the thought of going through so much rigamarole with only like, what, a 20% chance of actually haveing a baby.
    Sorry, dont know why I'm even posting this, not like me, I guess I'm hopeing there's someone who knows something about all this stuff and can give me some advise.
    Thanks guys.

Im Samoan and Hawaiian *LeiLani*'s Avatar
    No im not pregnant im only 16! hahaha but i cant wait to have kids

LG.
    singing w/ Clay - I think you should see if you can make an appointment with a fertility doctor (often they are practicing as "reproductive endocrinologists" or some other title) to see just what kind of odds you are facing. How high your risks for chromosome problems are depend on a number of factors, including just how much over 35 your are, as I'm 35 and my "odds" for Downs Syndrome based solely on age are around 1 in 250, but each year they get 'worse' because I've seen a chart showing a mom at age 49 has odds as high as 1 in 12 for Downs. One possibility is in vitro fertilitization with donor eggs, where the embryo(s) are formed in a test tube essentially with your partners' sperm (or donor sperm) and donated eggs (from someone younger than 35) which reduces the chromosome risks, but there are other difficulties of carrying a pregnancy for the not-so-young to consider as well.

I have no idea about your actual age or circumstances, but do know that for "older" women who want to be mothers one suggestion is adopting a child (or even siblings) out of foster care who are not infants (as they have the highest "demand" in adoption - but also the highest "risk" that the birth mom might come back and change her mind as often they can do so for a number of months). There is sadly just more of these kids "available" because they have the baggage of being older and having suffered abuse or neglect or other sad things, and they've had rough lives but many would really flourish in a loving home. You could be a foster parent first, and then decide if you want to adopt the particular child or not, or just be a foster parent for a number of kids. Another option (more expensive) is international adoption, as there are big programs in the US with orphanages in China (they prefer older parents, actually, and I have a friend who is a single mom of a Chinese girl she adopted last year), South Korea, Central America (I know someone who is a single woman adopting from Guatamala), Russia and the Ukraine. Look to a local social services center for information about these types of programs, as international adoption requires INS approval as well as the local social services approval required for a domestic adoption. You can find lots of info on the internet for both your fertility and adoption questions too. Just be sure you are working with reputable companies, as unfortunately there are scams out there.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Hi all you mommies to be! Just a quick update, I am 36 weeks now! I feel huge, though I have only gained 24 pounds, so not too bad. This woman at work came in sick last week, with a fever, so of course, I have been sick ever since. Why is it so much harder to kick the crud when you are pregnant? Things are going pretty well, we have finished 90% of the nursery. My husband still hasn't put his stencils up yet, but other than that and washing all the baby clothes, we are done! I am getting very excited, but nervous about the delivery. We are still planning on going natural and have been practicing our breathing and relaxation.

How is everyone else progressing?

Good luck!
    Here comes Avery! April 10, 2006

LG.
    Hi Cahalanmac - you're getting close. How exciting! Baby probably won't notice right away even if the stencils don't get done. Is this your first baby? I think I've already gained 24 pounds (even though I'm only 17 weeks) and I'm sitting on them

About April 10th, do you have a scheduled c-section, or is that your due date? My daughter was 2 weeks "early" the last time around, so I'm hoping this baby decided to follow that cue and not stick around too much after that timeframe. Of course I had one friend that was overdue more than a week - gah, get this thing out of me already by that point. Good luck kicking the office illness. Yeah, I hate that. I think it's worse when you're pregnant because you don't want to take any of the cold medicines that normally people take without a second thought. That, and you're sleep deprived and already on a high-alert for your stress level. Good times.

+ Reply to Thread