+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 179 FirstFirst ... 37777879808182838485868788899091929394959697137 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone pregnant?

I HAD to come here and vent. Today has been such an emotional day for me, I dont think Ive stopped crying all day. Its really starting to affect my work(and its because of work that I cry) I HATE IT!!!! Tho Im VERY thankful I am pregnant, I feel so scatter-brained and out of sorts that I dont know what to do!! I dont want to use "Im pregnant" as an excuse, but Im beginning to wonder if it IS the hormones!!
    and Im not even halfway thru (18 weeks)! Egads!

Hang in there AmyKay, if it is your hormones (and I bet it is!) there isn't anything to be done except wait for them to settle down. We have all been there! I never realized how hard it was for ladies before, but working and being pregnant is really tough. Sometimes all I want to do is rest and watch tv and eat and think about babies but I have to be strong (stronger than I feel anyway) and work through it. Vent all you want, that is why we are here!
    Here comes Avery! April 10, 2006

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay View Post
    I HAD to come here and vent. Today has been such an emotional day for me, I dont think Ive stopped crying all day. Its really starting to affect my work(and its because of work that I cry) I HATE IT!!!! Tho Im VERY thankful I am pregnant, I feel so scatter-brained and out of sorts that I dont know what to do!! I dont want to use "Im pregnant" as an excuse, but Im beginning to wonder if it IS the hormones!!
    and Im not even halfway thru (18 weeks)! Egads!
    AmyKay, when you are pregnant, you have so much going on with your body that it really can be difficult to function like you normally would. I remember working and travelling for work during my first pregnancy. I just could not hold it together. I was an emotional wreck most of my pregnancy...just very sensitive. I would lose everything and forget everything. Worst of all, I would break out crying over very silly things. I think the best thing you can do is take care of yourself. Eat good healthy foods, drink your water or some tea and when you feel stressed, try to remove yourself from the situation. Maybe go for a walk and try to relax for a few minutes.

I hope feel more like yourself soon.

Oh gosh, AmyKay. I worked up until the day I had my daughter and I had to laugh when I read your post. I know you're not finding it funny now, but one day you'll look back and have to laugh. Around my fifth month I was bursting into tears over everything and wailing, "I don't know what's wrong!!!" I was disconsolate over the most ridiculous things. Like Applesauce, I felt like a complete wreck and didn't find it the least bit amusing. However, now that its long over, I look back on my "pregnancy crazies" with a bit of fondness.

In the meantime, just keep reminding yourself that its just hormones run amok. Keep a notepad or palm pilot with you to write reminders for yourself. Also, as long as you don't abuse it as an excuse, most people are very kind and understanding of pregnancy issues. Request that your coworkers write everything down that they need from you because your hormones are making you a little scattered. Just remember it doesn't last forever. You'll feel like yourself again soon.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Oh, AmyKay! I can relate! hang in there! It will go away. Right now I cant remember a darn thing and Im so clumsy.

Ugh Im having such headaches..they are almost incapacitating. Combined with nausea I feel useless. UGH!!!!!! UGH!!!! Im trying to drink lots of fluid...I know thats partly why my head is hurting because Im not hydrated enough..Its just hard!!!!! Sorry for complaining!
    But Duke is just so sweet and such an easy baby ...He just said his first word the other day!!! Of course it was MAMA!!!! Now he says it all the time!!! I cried when he said it!!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Thank you guys so much for all your advice! Even today, I can giggle at how weepy I was yesterday, and how much more centered I feel today. Now, tomorrow may be different, but Im not thinking about that till it comes. Thank goodness I work with mostly women who have all had at least one child so they know what Im going through.

Aww Tallulah, I cant wait for those first words!! Makes it all worthwile Im sure!!

Anyway-so until Feb 28th(the big sonogram day!!!)-unless I feel the need to vent before then!

Thanks again yall!

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Well, yesterday I was so sick and dehydrated..I ended up in OB Triage with an IV and getting anti-nausea medicine. Boy I was feeling lousy. My poor hubby had to endure me throwing up in the car. Poor guy! I feel better now. Those 3 bags of IV fluid sure did help!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

LG.
    Ugh, that sounds miserable Tallulah. Poor hubby had to deal with the puke, but poor you were upchucking. Not fun.

I had blood drawn for the tetrascreen today (the test formerly known as the triple test, apparently) and found out today that because of where they send their tests, we won't have result before the level 2 ultrasound (and possible amnio) is scheduled. Well isn't that dandy, we'll have to go in there without all the information to make an informed decision about whether to have amnio. If my family history wasn't so full of bad stuff, I wouldn't be as concerned, but shoot. That is the way things go.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    oh crud LG! That stinks. I had a level II and they can see SO much and look for so many particular markers (like ear position is a sign of Down's - very interesting). You may be able to make your amnio decision based on the Level II.

Good luck!

Well....ITS A GIRL!!! So Chloe Ann it'll be. Everything looks great, measurements put me at 19 weeks and not 20 like I thought, but thats ok, not too much difference. She was moving around like crazy and wouldnt cooperate when it came time to see whether she was a boy or girl. It was fun tho, to see how much shes grown and developed.

YAY Im too excited for words!

+ Reply to Thread