+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 179 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687888990919293949596136 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone pregnant?

Congrats LG! Great news and enjoy your pregnancy.

Cahalanmac, I have several friends who've had natural childbirth(s) with no problem. Some used a doula which they said really helped them to stay focused. I always hoped for birth without any intervention but had issues preventing that each time. In the long run, the goal is to birth your baby safely and sometimes you can't control what happens. My doctor would always joke that those who plan to use an epidural often end up not needing it and those who swear they won't use any intervention end up needing it. Her philosophy was always to go into it with an open mind and let your personal labor and delivery situation guide your decision. Either way, you will do great.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Congrats LG! I am AMA too and gave birth on the 15th - no amnio for me either, even though I'm old! My 1st grader is quite excited - she's adjusting, but is loving being a big sister. CONGRATS again! Happy & healthy 9 months to you!!

oh, and LG - my baby was going to be Scooby Doo whether we liked it or not, according to Claire. Thank God she wasn't in the delivery room otherwise Madeline might actually have been Daphne! LOL!

LG, I'm old too and chose not to do an amnio with my last two. We did a level II ultrasound which we felt was less invasive yet still very detailed in what it can tell you and the doctors about the baby. Good Luck!

LG.
    We are scheduled for a Level 2 Ultrasound, so hopefully everything will look great and we can just not bother to do anything else. Well, except remodel our house to move our current office out of the third (and last) bedroom and into the currently icky basement so we have a room for a nursery. If the bedrooms weren't so small I'd take my daughter up on her offer to "share" her room, but I can't see even fitting a crib in there with her bed and dresser and bookcase already cramming the little room. And as much as she wants to be a big sister (at long last), I doubt that she'd really enjoy sharing her room with a baby for long. She has oodles of Polly Pocket parts that she already knows will need to stay in her room away from the baby.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    LG!! Im so thrilled for you!!! I hope your feeling good!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Congrats to LG and Tallulah! That's wonderful news! I bet your daughter is in big sister heaven, LG. My kindergardener is an only child so far and she wants a sibling so bad. I don't get in this thread enough and I'm glad I didn't miss your big news!

Calahan, I had a natural childbirth and it was a great experience overall. I went in expecting to medicate, but I just didn't need it. I'm a firm believer in doing what you feel is the best thing for you and your baby. Even hubby doesn't get a vote on it unless you're talking about some sort of life/death decision, or you want his opinion.

One thing about pregnancy is that people feel empowered to say the most ridiculously personal things to you. I will never understand it, and I am so careful with what I say to someone pregnant. The unsolicited advice gets worse when they're babies but seems to go away when they're past potty training.

No. I'm not expecting. But you may be getting a new member soon!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd
    My name is ClosetNerd and My husband and I are Stupid.
    Our mistake might just end in a as well. I'll let you know in 2 painfully looooooong weeks *ug*
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Ugh, Im so sick and having migraines.....Its so hard with Duke..trying to take of him and vomiting!!!! I hope it will pass this time!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Tallulahbaby, I remember those days, being pregnant and taking care of a little one. It does get easier! Hang in there!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

LG.
    Hang in there, Tallulah! Just think about how the two will be entertaining each other soon, and letting you have a moment to yourself. That is what my friends with two kids close in age tell me, anyway. Having had an "only" for almost 6 years now, I'm still waiting for the golden age of her being able to entertain herself without constant feedback from a captive audience.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread