+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 179 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182122172 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone pregnant?

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Karna - how adorable!!!!

Cahalanmac - I already ordered my epidural - the week I found out I was pregnant

Seriously, I had an epidural with my daughter - got it at about 5 centimeters. I was glad I did it, moreso because it turned out that she was stuck and I pushed for close to 3 hours. It just helped me relax. I felt the contractions a little, but the severe pain wasn't as severe as it started out to be.

Bottom line is - every single solitary labor is different. every single solitary woman is different, as is her attitude toward pain and what she believes she can handle. Start out with a plan and know that it could change. The biggest thing I hear from moms after delivery is that they wanted one thing and were so set on it that they were disappointed when that didn't happen. It's most important that you have a healthy delivery and a healthy baby and sometimes that just means your plans can go out the window!!!

Congratulations on your baby boy!!! I'm DYING to know what I'm having now, but with only 9 weeks left, I refuse to find out. I'm up to my coolie in onesies from my daughter. If this is a boy, he'll be naked or dressed in lots of pink and purple

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    Biologically, i also think there's something in your brain that keeps you from remembering what the pain feels like. I remembering being in pain, but I don't remember what it felt like, if that makes sense.
    Oh how right you are Star!!!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    oh karna, how absolutely adorable. They are so precious
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by cahalanmac
    I had my 20 week US yesterday, everything looks normal. We found out our peanut is a boy!! My hubby is so excited.

I have a question for all you experienced mommies. What are your feelings on epidural vs. natural birth for first time moms? Both my husband and mom are encouraging me to just get an epidural, but I am just not sure. I don't generally do very well with pain, but I don't know if labor would affect me the same way... Thoughts?
    Congratulations on your little boy!

Everyone's given you great advice on the epidural. I'll just echo one thing. Make sure that they tell you when it's your last chance to get one.

I welcomed mine!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by cahalanmac
    What a sweet picture Karna!

I had my 20 week US yesterday, everything looks normal. We found out our peanut is a boy!! My hubby is so excited.

I have a question for all you experienced mommies. What are your feelings on epidural vs. natural birth for first time moms? Both my husband and mom are encouraging me to just get an epidural, but I am just not sure. I don't generally do very well with pain, but I don't know if labor would affect me the same way... Thoughts?
    Congrats on your little boy.

I will tell you what the nurse told me. You can either have one or not, but it doesn't make you any less of a mother if you do have an epidural.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood

I will tell you what the nurse told me. You can either have one or not, but it doesn't make you any less of a mother if you do have an epidural.
    Exactly They don't give out medals afterwards for the women that don't use any pain medication. Do whatever you need to do to get through it. Whatever works for you is the right way to do it.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Thanks everybody! I think they're pretty adorable myself!

cahalanmac-Congrats on your boy! They're the best! As far as an epidural, I loved mine, I didn't feel a thing and was still able to push. That may have been because it was my second time though. But I agree with everyone else, you will know if you need it or not, but I would definitely leave the option open. Good luck!

Well I just found out on Wed that I am, at the least, 4 weeks along (according to the blood test I took at work). I dont have my first visit till the 5th and I am already so worried. I guess Im worried the most about somethings gonna happen before I get to the doctor and I wont be pregnant. The whole if you cant see/feel it thing. Im lucky so far that Ive just been queasy, but I can say I have been super emotional. And Very very tired!!!

What can I do to ease my fears til my first visit? This is obviously my first. Ive been reading my "what to expect when expecting", and just trying to take it as easy as I can. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Congrats, AmyKay.

My first piece of advice to you is not to rely solely on that book. I had it and it did have a lot of good information, but you also need to remember that not all pregnancies are alike. Heck, no two pregnancies from the same mother are alike. (I did like the part when it would explain where the baby should be developmentally, though) I don't know how you can ease your fears. Try not to think about what could happen and concentrate on what is happening. Remember, if you have fears and just want to talk about it we are here for you.

Also, make sure you get your rest...you will need it, plus it may be the last rest you get for the next 18 yrs.

AmyKay-Was your blood test qualitive or quantative? I had 2 miscarriages and the key way to know if things are going okay is if your hcg levels double every 48 hours. So if your test was quantative get another one in a couple days and if the levels double things are looking good. Congrats!

Thanks dagwood and karna. Luckily I work at a Drs office so I can get my blood taken anytime. I really appreciate the advice!

Ill be posting a lot here Im sure

+ Reply to Thread