+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 179 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879119169 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone pregnant?

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    Hey hey all my fellow FoRT preggos and trying to conceivers! How is everyone doing? Marybeth, you must be getting mightly close to uncomfortable by now!

As for me...just plugging along. I will hit 18 weeks tomorrow. I'm starting to really real pregnant...beginning to get those little flutters in my tummy and my waist is definitely "thickening." I finally bit the bullet and bought some maternity pants last week and they are SO comfortable. Just biding my time until December 2nd when we have our big ultrasound and find out the sex! I'm SO excited for that!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Oh OMLB, I am so happy for you. Please keep us posted on the sex of your wonderful little baby.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    OMLB 18 weeks feels like so long ago for me! Those flutters are SO damn cool, aren't they? This child is definitely an acrobat - my goodness it moves around alot!! I hope you're feeling good - 2nd trimester is the best!!!

As far as maternity clothes, I LOVE the Liz Lange collection at Target - very comfortable and affordable. I also LOVE LOVE the jeans from Kohl's. They are a little flared and comfy - don't look preggo at all. Great for me, because I'm tall and they're long enough!

I'm 30 weeks and 1 day now! Had a 30 week sono to check for growth to make sure s/he's not too big - growing right on target. Yay! Start weekly non-stress tests at week 32. Gained about 18 pounds total and feel pretty good, except for the typical heartburn and braxton-hicks contractions. It's coming quick!! I can't believe I'm in the home stretch now.....

Here's a picture of my little boo boo
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh wow marybeth! What a wonderful picture! Thank you so much for sharing. I'm sure 18 weeks seems like a long time ago because 30 weeks seems like a long way down the road for me! But time is flying...it seems like it was just last week I was entering the second trimester.

Thanks for the Kohl's jean advice...I'm wearing Liz Lange dress pants right now (elastic is my friend!) but I'll check out Kohl's soon.

The flutters are amazing...at first I thought they were gas or ligament pain but they became consistent and different enough that I finally realized what I was feeling.

OMLB and Marybeth, I loved being pregnant. It's such a wonderful experience. And what a beautiful picture Marybeth. Funny how only those who took an ultrasound know what to look for. I never used to be able to figure these things out until I did mine.

MaryBeth, good job on the weight. You're doing so great!

I, for one, really enjoyed the non-stress tests. They put you in a darkened room on a comfy recliner, put a monitor on your belly and leave you alone for a while. I would bring a book but sometimes I just dozed off because it was so peaceful listening to the baby's heartbeat. This doctor had these enormous soft leather recliners that felt so good (especially by the end when you're so uncomfortable just walking around). I loved going to the non-stress tests.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Just stopping by to see how everyone is doing... I miss being pregnant
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose
    OMLB and Marybeth, I loved being pregnant. It's such a wonderful experience.
    Isn't it funny? I met people who would say this when I was pregnant. I loved having a child, but I hated being pregnant. I hated the way my body was doing things I wasn't in control of. I never had a glow, I was always piling on the makeup because my face always looked splotchy with dark circles under my eyes. I had morning sickness (otherwise known as around-the-clock sickness) until my seventh month.

I know the experience is a joy for most, and I was mentally thrilled, but physically I was pretty miserable. I completely envy you guys that loved being pregnant. I wanted to love it so much!

Speaking of morning sickness, random stuff would set it off. Like if I stepped out of the shower into the cold room, boom! I had to reach out for my towel, dry off, reach for my robe, put it on inside the wet shower, and then and only then could I risk easing myself out into the room. And even then the nausea would hit me like a mack truck half the time. I found it infuriating.

I remember that my hubby was so concerned and empathetic at first. Pretty soon he was making barf jokes and laughing it up...by month seven he would blithely tell someone on the phone that I was throwing up and would call them back in a few.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    I know the experience is a joy for most, and I was mentally thrilled, but physically I was pretty miserable. I completely envy you guys that loved being pregnant. I wanted to love it so much!
    I'm so glad to hear you say this hepcat! I've had some serious morning sickness issues myself...still happening ()...the worst was three weeks ago when we visited Yosemite.

I don't know if it was because my center of gravity has shifted, or the plane ride, or what...but that 2.5 hour drive from Fresno to Yosemite was the worst car trip of my LIFE!!! I never get car sick but we had to stop every 15 minutes for me to hurl by the side of the road. It was SO embarassing. All these tourists in the park looking at the amazing valley features and I am doubled over just off the shoulder puking on the lovely fall foilage.

So...yeah...I have good days where it's not so bad but on those days when I'm feeling sick, or I wake up with a headache, or where everything just HURTS I'm not all that enamored of the physical reality of being pregnant.

I love my lima bean though!

Oh, I better clarify. I did not love being pregnant... I didn't even like it!! My face was broken out the whole time... Everything smelled bad. I had these rashes that never went away till I had the boy.

But I still miss it As soon as I can figure out why, I'll share. Tho I am starting to realise, that maybe it was not the being pregnant I miss. It's the actual birth part. I loved it, I can't wait to give birth again. If only you did'nt have to have all that pregnancy to do it
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

+ Reply to Thread