+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 179 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475115165 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone pregnant?

This was on ivillage, Blondie:

"The reason that no one has the same information for you is that there is a wide range of normal. "Most" women feel fetal movement (quickening) at 18 weeks if it is their first baby (i.e. 18 weeks from your last menstrual period -- LMP). Some multiparas (those who have already carried a child to term) feel movement earlier, simply because they know what it feels like. The normal range is 16 to 20 weeks (LMP). "

I think I felt it about 17 weeks. To me the first movements felt sort of like a ball rolling around or something tumbling. It's hard to explain, but when you feel it, you think, "aha, there it is". Gosh, that was a fun time.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Lildago, if you went through the baby blues with your last one, please tell your OBGYN or regular doctor when/if you get pregnant again. They have some really effective treatments for this now and there is no reason to go through it again. Definitely, if it's making you think twice about another child it was serious enough that you could have been treated last time. One of my friends struggled through it and mentioned it to her doctor when she got pregnant again. After delivery, he gave her a shot (I'm sorry, I don't know what it was) and that was all the treatment she needed. It was like night and day for her.

I was around her a lot while she was going through this and I didn't have a clue that she was depressed. She is very good at keeping up a good face on things. She has a nanny and a housekeeper so I never guessed that she was feeling as overwhelmed as those of us without extra help. It's a chemical inbalance that can easily be corrected.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I have an OB-GYN appointment next week and plan to discuss everything then. I'm starting to relax a little more about the age hang-up I've had. I'm mostly worried about the other now. I'm thinking after I talk to my doc about that and some other issues, we'll probably start trying and see what happens! I did mention how I was feeling to him after my son was born at one of my follow ups. He pretty much said not to worry about it unless I thought of hurting myself or the baby and I never did. But the other feelings were way too much to cope with and it was really hard. I think I probably should have been on some type of medication at that time. I should have seen him again and told him I wasn't feeling any better and I didn't. I covered it up and put on a happy face! I won't do that again! We'll see what happens!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Hi all! I didn't post here too much during my pregnancy but just wanted to let you know my little girl arrived last Friday. I was induced about 10 days early due to high blood pressure. Here's a link to my little cutie!

http://www.mountcarmelhealth.com/216...=085&bid=42665

She's beautiful, karna68! Congratulations! And I love the name!!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Oh karna, what a pretty little girl.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

karna! Congratulations. She is beautiful. I'm so happy for you and your family. I hope you are doing well.

She's a cutie! St. Anns is a good hospital. My friend had a preemie there and they did a great job of taking care of her.

Karna, your daughter looks soooo feminine! What a living doll.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Congrats Karna. That is a real cutie you have there.

+ Reply to Thread