+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 179 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109159 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone pregnant?

marybeth,

That is fabulous news and I am elated for you!

Fellow Forters,

I am doing well but too sick to go online much. My doc says I am 11 weeks today. For some reason, I thought I was only 10 weeks this week but I was happily wrong! I had an appointment but couldnt hear my little peanut's heartbeat yet. Doc says it is too soon and we already saw it on the ultrasound at 7 weeks so we know we have a good strong heartbeat. We will hear it on doppler in a couple weeks!

Thanks for all of your advice and your comforting words. It is nice to know I have all these mommies to ask on FORT!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Yay Blondie!!! I'm sorry you're so sick - the one thing I learned was not to drink too much water - it made me sicker! (maybe I'm just weird LOL)

Here's something I couldn't wait to share. babyp at 20 weeks:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGirl
    I had an appointment but couldnt hear my little peanut's heartbeat yet. Doc says it is too soon and we already saw it on the ultrasound at 7 weeks so we know we have a good strong heartbeat. We will hear it on doppler in a couple weeks!
    Blondie,

We weren't able to hear my older daughter's heartbeat until I was 16 weeks pregnant! Even after that there were times we couldn't pick up a heartbeat because she would be in a funny position. Just be thankful for every sick moment you have because it lets you know all is well. I'm so glad things are going well for you!

marybethp--babyp is just too cute!!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    marybeth and blondie I am so happy for you two. I will keep all of you in my prayers.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I am with you Blondie. I was not at all sick for the first 9 weeks, but this week has been a tough one. I haven't really been throwing up much, once actually, but the nausea has been horrible. I have tried the standards, crackers, ginger ale, sprite, juice, pretzels, but really, nothing works. I just have to kind of suck it up... And it isn't just morning, mostly in the afternoons and early evenings. Urg!
    Here comes Avery! April 10, 2006

Some natural remedies for the "morning sickness" that some might find helpful are fesh or packaged ginger tea or ginger capsules. To make the fresh tea, just grate up a teaspoon of ginger, put in a teapot with boiling water and let steep for about 10 minutes. Trader Joes sells a yummy prepackaged ginger tea. Also, an increase in foods with lots of vitamin b such as whole grain rice or bananas may help.

FORT Regular
    Or gingersnaps! Our prenancy educator also recommended lemon - even smelling fresh lemon is supposed to help.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Hey preggies - how is everyone? I'm going to be 23 weeks on Wednesday. Time is FLYING! After much debate, I registered at Babies R Us. My husband said it sounded greedy (this is our 2nd child), but they will be 7 years (and 1 month!) apart. Not only do I have a lot of siblings, I know my friends and my husband's family want to buy us things. It still feels weird, since I'm not going to have a shower, but I did it anyway. And it was FUN! Plus I used to work in the corp HQ for BRU, so I made sure I knew what the best things out there were from my old boss

Feeling good now - the baby is fond of a fitness routine - lots of jumping jacks and somersaults apparently!

Hope everyone is doing well out there. Blondie - I want an update!!!

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    marybeth! I'm glad to hear that your pregnancy is going so smoothly. I think it is wonderful that you are having a second shower! Every baby should be celebrated in my opinion. I know my sister had a "handmedown" complex for years!

I just entered my 10th week this weekend and everything is going well *knock on wood.* I got the Cystic Fibrosis screen back today and I'm not a carrier so that is all clear. Thank goodness the nausea is finally starting to wear off. Well, maybe not wear off but I eat constantly now and it really seems to stave off that sick feeling. I've also started to get a bit of energy back and the insomnia is a thing of the past...for now. This is such an interesting and fun journey!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Just checking in on the mommies

A quick update for those of you who know my situation. I was diagnosed with Graves Disease (thyroid cancer) Luckily they caught it in time and it is benign. My doctor couldn't understand how fast it happened and that I had absolutely NO symptoms. He sent me for an uptake (iodine pill) Well, people with this problem normally only inject 15-30% of the iodine. Well, I injected 75% (highest number he has ever seen) So he gave me a few options.....1) don't do anything and maybe it will go away (yeah right...don't want any of those symptoms) 2). get my thyroid surgecially removed (ummm....no don't want a big scar on my throat when it is only going to grow back) 3) take a radioactive pill and have it dissolved. Well, that's what I opted for. I had it done 2 weeks ago. Had to stay home for 5 days, couldn't sleep in the same bed as hubby, couldn't wash my clothes with his, & had to use plastic everything.

I went yesterday for a follow up yesterday. My doctor said that it has gone down a lot. He also said not to be surprised if I had to have the treatment done again. He will know how it worked in December after having blood work done two different times. I cannot try to have a baby under any circumstances for 6 months, which is heartbreaking, but I can deal with that. He also said that if I did get pregnant, I would have never carried the baby to term.

Sorry for the long winded post.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread