+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 179 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107157 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone pregnant?

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I am dying to hear about Meredith's arrival!

My level II and fetal echo went terrific. The little bugger looks perfect. I'm so thrilled and excited and elated!!! No signs of any problems with the heart (which was my biggest fear - due to being a diabetic). S/he moved around in there like crazy! I got to watch the movement on the screen for 1 hours - what a joy. I didn't get to watch the fetal echo because I had to lay on my side and that turned me away from the screen. My hubby got to see - said it was amazing to see the little tiny valves in the heart pumping away! What a miracle it truly is. It was extremely hard not to find out the sex. Curiosity was killing me!!

So, we told my daughter last night that she's going to be a big sister. We played "hangman" and did "Claire is going to be a big sister". At first, she said "that's NOT cool Mom" because she thought it said "a big stinker". Once she realized that I had a baby in my belly, she went ballistic. She was so excited and happy. She ran down to tell my Mom, she called my MIL, my FIL and her uncle (who obviously already all knew). She told the lady in Home Depot today too! I'm so happy she's excited.

It was a wonderful day yesterday

Looking forward to hearing about baby Meredith's arrival!

marybeth, your post made my eyes well up. I'm so happy all went well with your level 11. Your daughter must be thrilled to know she is going to be a sister! How exciting for her.

Take care of yourself and relax / enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp

So, we told my daughter last night that she's going to be a big sister. We played "hangman" and did "Claire is going to be a big sister". At first, she said "that's NOT cool Mom" because she thought it said "a big stinker". !
    That's so cute.

I don't know how you people do it with not finding out the sex. I was trying to find that out first thing. I also used to peek at my Christmas presents.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Wow! I haven't been in here for a while - look at all the mommies and mommies-to-be!! Congrats everyone!

I feel so outdated here. I didn't have an ultra-sound with either of my babies - nor did I know the sex until they were born. Man I'm old.

I had an ultrasound with my first-born, but didnt know the sex at the time, or at least
    she didn't tell me the sex. I wanted to be surprised.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

I didn't find out the sex with any of mine. I kind of guessed with my first daughter by the way the technician was describing the baby but we didn't know for sure until she came out!

I like surprises....kind of like Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    I don't know how you people do it with not finding out the sex. I was trying to find that out first thing. I also used to peek at my Christmas presents.
    Star - it was much harder this time! I really want to know, but I'm determined to wait it out! There are so few surprises in life. However, I'm with you on Christmas presents. I usually peek at the credit card online to see where my husband shopped. Bwahahahahaha

For the record, I think it's a boy. No reason, I just do.

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    I am definitely going to find out the sex. Both my Mom and soon to be Mother-in-Law are chomping at the bit to start buying clothes and such...I don't think they would let me wait!

So, I just got back from a little time at Barnes & Noble. I was looking for a good "all in one" pregnancy book. I know the standard is What to Expect When you are Expecting, but I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions? There were SO many!!!!

giz
    I hated What to Expect. Those women are such bullies! They present everything as if it is incontrovertable fact, when actually a fair bit is opinion. It is one of those books which sets you up to fail. I didn't gain much weight with either pregnancy, and they had me worried to death about it (turns out it's just how my body does it, the babies were fine). Another type of book to steer clear of IMO are any that infer that people will be beating down your door with casseroles and offers of babysitting. And posit that your partner will be giving you backrubs galore and doing the hoovering while you sleep. As if! Those books had me so depressed. Maybe I need to write the short sharp shock book of pregnancy which says in our modern disconnected world you are Very lucky if anyone does anything or even notices, so freeze lots of food, and hire a cleaner. (Our neighbours across the street came over when baby no. 2 was 5 months old and said "Where did the baby come from?" They had not even noticed I was pregnant!)

Rant over. My favourite is Your Pregnancy Week by Week by Lesley Regan. Lots of lovely photos (I love visuals, and boo to What to Expect for having visuals which look like they are from the 1970's), and a non-judgemental presentation. From what I remember of it, it allowed you to have the pregnancy your body and your circumstance dicate, versus prescribing one-size-fits-all pregnancy. Best wishes for a healthy pregnancy. Eat your spinach!

OMLB I'm with giz. I *hated* What to Expect. I found the format of questions useless and the preachiness a bit over the top. The whole "best odds diet" theory is great for a traditional, non-picky eater. Very difficult for most normal women, especially pregnant!

I LOVE "Your Pregnancy Week by Week" by Glade Curtis http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...55613462&itm=1

Insightful, non-preachy, non-sensationalistic. I'm running very true to what happens on the weeks it says, so that adds to my joy of the book. I like it a lot.

Bottom line - don't believe everything you read (including my review). Everyone has a different opinion, especially about how much information they want about preganancy! Good luck!!!

+ Reply to Thread