+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 179 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106156 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone pregnant?

cahalanmac,

I am at 9 weeks this week!!! We are very close together in our pregnancies! I only had that one ultrasound at my 7th week. Does anyone know when my next one will be?

Right now, I am as sick as a dog. I throw up and gag so much and it is hard to stomach just about any scent or taste. Its really bad but I am happy because it means the baby is flourishing!!! Are you getting any morning sickness that lasts all day???
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

pfeifferdcat,

CONGRATS TO YOU AND WHAT A BEAUTIFUL BABY!!! YOU MUST BE SO PROUD!

combatcutie...I wrote you a pm. I hope all is well with you. My friend had troubling getting pregnant but once her thyroid was regulated with medication (I sound like a bozo trying to be a doctor) she was able to conceive!!! So take heart, my friend!

Onmylunchbreak, congrats!!!!!!!

marybeth!

Best of luck, JILL! I had two C-sections..my thoughts are with you.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGirl
    cahalanmac,

Does anyone know when my next one will be?
    Here we only have one unless there are problems in the pregnancy. Usually it is around 4 months, when the baby is developed enough to see alot of the major organs. It is soooo cool to see the heartbeat.

Good luck and Congrats, Jill. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Jill - GOOD LUCK tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you as I'm getting my ultrasound!!! Happy almost birthday Meredith!! (which is what everyone calls me on the phone when I say my name is Mary Beth LOL!!). I love the name choice!!!!

Blondie - It seems around here, the norm is that you have a 20 week sonogram to check on things. They check the flow of blood, the organs, measuring the vital organs and can tell the sex. I'm having a Level II which is much more detailed because I'm AMA (advanced maternal age - at 36 what a crock LOL plus I'm diabetic). It's just much more detailed. And yup, I had "morning" sickness ALL DAY until about 16 weeks. I never threw up (which for me is good, because vomiting wacks out your sugar numbers), but I was nauseous all day long. It peaked from 14-16 weeks where nothing helped, but in the beginning carbs were the best - graham crackers, bagels, toast. It helped a lot with the nausea. I'm so glad you're sick - and I mean that in the nicest of ways

Please wish me a little luck tomorrow with my tests - I'm nervous and excited all at once!

I haven't popped into this thread for awhile until yesterday. I didn't have time to post then, so I wanted to make it back in here today. Congratulations to all the new Mommies! Don't worry, the morning sickness does end...eventually. My ended at around 12 weeks.

Blondiegirl, I'm SO happy for you. I had no idea you were expecting again. Your next ultrasound is dependent on your doctor's advice, obviously, but I found some information about when its typically done. I used to be ADDICTED to www.babycenter.com. It's got all the information you'd ever need, before and after your child is born.

Anyway, ultrasounds are typically in the second trimester round of testing. In the first trimester after the initial bloodwork, you mostly get weighed. I remember thinking, "I left work for this?" Here's what you can expect coming up.

Second Trimester

Check your urine and blood pressure
    Protein in your urine can be a sign of a urinary tract infection or, if accompanied by high blood pressure, a sign of preeclampsia. (If there's no protein in your urine but your blood pressure is high, you could have gestational hypertension.) It's not uncommon during pregnancy to have a small amount of sugar in your urine once in a while, but if you have a large amount or it happens often, your practitioner will order a blood test to check for gestational diabetes.

Listen to your baby's heartbeat
    Your caregiver may have picked up your baby's heartbeat as early as 10 weeks, using a handheld ultrasound device called a Doppler. But it's more common to hear it for the first time at around 12 weeks, depending on your baby's position in your uterus, your weight, and the accuracy of your due date. Checking your baby's heartbeat will become a routine part of every prenatal visit from here on out. Bring your partner along so he can share in the thrill of hearing this dramatic sign of the life you've created together.

Examine your belly
    Your practitioner will feel your abdomen to get a sense of the size of your growing uterus and baby. From midpregnancy on, she'll use a tape to measure your fundal height the distance between your pubic bone and the top of your uterus to estimate your baby's size and growth rate. From 20 weeks until late in your third trimester the measurement (in centimeters) should roughly correspond to how many weeks pregnant you are. So if you're 24 weeks pregnant, your fundal height should measure about 24 centimeters.

Provide education and counseling
    Sometime in this trimester, your practitioner should talk to you about childbirth education classes. Ask her opinion about the classes offered in your community or at the hospital or birth center where you plan to deliver. You may also want to look into breastfeeding and baby care classes to take during your third trimester. And you'll want to start thinking about choosing a doctor for your baby your caregiver should be able to give you some good leads.

Most practitioners routinely order an ultrasound between 16 and 20 weeks to check for physical abnormalities and to verify your baby's due date. You'll be offered a multiple marker screening (a blood test done between 15 and 20 weeks that can give you some information about your baby's risk of having certain chromosomal problems and other birth defects). And if you're going to be 35 or older on your due date or have other risk factors for genetic problems (such as a family history of genetic problems, a suspicious finding on your ultrasound, or abnormal results from a genetic screening test), your practitioner will offer you an amniocentesis (a test that can diagnose these problems).

Between 24 and 28 weeks, you'll also be given a glucose screening test to check for gestational diabetes, and possibly another blood test to check for anemia. If you're Rh-negative (but your baby's father isn't, or you don't know whether he is), an extra tube of blood may be drawn to check for Rh antibodies before you're given an injection of Rh immune globulin at 28 weeks.
    Just a warning. Those urine tests get tricky in the last trimester. They need bigger cups!

Be sure to check on Babycenter.com It's got tons of info.

Here's all the articles they have on morning sickness:
    http://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy/...sickness/index

Good luck ladies. Pregnancy is such an exciting time.
    Last edited by Stargazer; 09-08-2005 at 11:42 PM.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by OnMyLunchBreak
    Good luck Jill! I'm sure everything will go well!

Question: Did anyone else have insomnia during the first trimester? I usually am a very deep sleeper and once I hit the pillow I'm out until the alarm wakes me up. But, for about the past week, I've been waking up at 2 a.m. and I'll be wide awake for several hours!!! It stinks. I'm so tired during the day but then I can't sleep.

I am also normally a sound sleeper but now I wake up every night between 1 and 3, usually because I have to go to the bathroom. The first 4 or 5 weeks I would stay up a few hours, that was rough because I am super grumpy unless I get at least 7 hours of sleep. Things are getting better now, I just go and lay back down and I can usually get right back to sleep. But those first weeks were really hard on my sleep routine. Every once in a while, like last Tuesday, I didn't really sleep, but then the next night I just crash.

[QUOTE = Blondiegirl]cahalanmac,
    I am at 9 weeks this week!!! We are very close together in our pregnancies! I only had that one ultrasound at my 7th week. Does anyone know when my next one will be?

Right now, I am as sick as a dog. I throw up and gag so much and it is hard to stomach just about any scent or taste. Its really bad but I am happy because it means the baby is flourishing!!! Are you getting any morning sickness that lasts all day???
    [/QUOTE]

We are close! I am 9 weeks and 5 days today. I had my ultrasound at 8 weeks and they said I will get another at 20. My doctor's office also has the 4d ultrasound they can do at 24 weeks, I think I will be getting that done even though it isn't covered by insurance.

I haven't been sick too much. Nausea, some but not unbearable. I have thrown up only twice and I believe it was due to a change in vitamins. Sometimes I get stomach cramps, not like worrisome ones, but more like why did you eat those french fries? kind of cramps. I am trying to be good and stick to my normal healthy diet but some things just do not want to be eaten!

Sorry to hear you are so sick, but you have such a great attitude about it! It will all be worth it in the end!! Sometimes ginger snaps calm me down oh and orange soda is really great too. The more it makes me burp the better!
    Here comes Avery! April 10, 2006

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Cahalanmac...those rough nights of sleep are just a primer It's like a genetic code that is triggered or something...zombied nights with super sonic hearing that kicks in
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by 2boysmom
    Well, the big day is tomorrow!!!
    C-section at 7:30, so when you all are having that cup of coffee (decaf, of course! ) say a little prayer for baby Meredith and me!

Thanks for all of ya'll's support, and I hope you all have a good weekend!
    Jill
    I just remembered today is your big day! I know you won't see this for a few days but hope all is going well and can't wait to hear all about the baby (and mom of course)!

Hope all you PG ladies are doing well. As I learned after my miscarriage a few years back, "morning" (aka all day ) sickness is a very good thing. I hope everyone is feeling better soon and enjoying this very special time.

Blondie, as several have mentioned, your ultrasound will probably be around 20 weeks...that is pretty standard. I had some issues and received them fairly often during the first half of my pregnancy with Vivien. With my son and older daughter, I had an ultrasound at 35-36 weeks as well. I think it depends on your doctor and your personal situation.

Regarding insomnia or waking up during the night to go to the bathroom during pregnancy, it's just preparing you and your body for what's to come. Lots of little night time interruptions that will go on until the wee ones are college bound. And as Roses has indicated, it may not stop even then.

Take care ladies!!!

+ Reply to Thread