+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 179 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone pregnant?

Congrats Blondiegirl!!

I too had a miscarriage, but then had a very uneventful pregnancy. I will be sending prayers your way that everything goes smooth this time.

Hey hepcat, I loved being pregnant. Did not have any morning sickness, no heartburn, did not speak poetic about being a vessel or anything like that. I even gained 60 pounds and endured swollen legs and feet in the lovey July and August weather we have here in Ohio. Best part was that NONE of my allergies bothered me, so it was one spring and summer that I wasn't miserable with those. I would have done it again in a heartbeat, but it did not work out for me and now I'm too old.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Alright, 'fess up. How many of you are one of those women who absolutely love being pregnant, every bit of it? Because I wanted to throttle you when I was pregnant. I hated being pregnant; being so uncomfortable, all the ups and downs physically and emotionally. Don't get me wrong, I had my eye on the prize, but we have all met women who just adore being pregnant. They're apt to wax poetic about the life force growing inside them when all you can think about is how that life force keeps pushing on your bladder.

Also, how many of you are enjoying the experience of strangers feeling enabled to touch your stomach? *shudder* Ah, the memories. And don't get used to strangers holding the door open for you. Once you're slinging a baby and actually do need the help because your arms are full, those friendly strangers are too busy avoiding eye contact with you to hold open a door.
    I love my baby already, but the pregnancy I could definatly do without! I haven't had all of that cutesey tummy rubbing and door holding...
    since I am already big and tall, I think people assume I am just a fatty? I dunno. Having a big basketball under my shirt is'nt obvious enough. I guess I should start waddling to make it apparent. And special treatment with doors and crosswalks?? Fuggetabout it. In the cross walk the other day, I actually had to RUN out of the road because a big ol truck had ZERO intention of even slowing down for me, let alone stopping.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I'm not far along enough yet to know whether I like it or not, I do know I am so friggin' moody it's not even funny, the littlest things are setting me off right now and I know it's just my hormoes out of whack, but I am not liking this part, also, I am not liking getting used to sleeping on my back/ and / or side. I like sleeping on my belly, but I am trying to break the habit now! Other than that, things are fine... SO FAR!

Congratulations Blondie, Sunray and the others (that sounds kind of like the Gilligan lyrics of Skipper, Ginger...and 'the others' ). So happy to hear the good news.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Alright, 'fess up. How many of you are one of those women who absolutely love being pregnant, every bit of it? Because I wanted to throttle you when I was pregnant.
    Also, how many of you are enjoying the experience of strangers feeling enabled to touch your stomach? *shudder* Ah, the memories. And don't get used to strangers holding the door open for you. Once you're slinging a baby and actually do need the help because your arms are full, those friendly strangers are too busy avoiding eye contact with you to hold open a door.
    *duxxy meekly raises her hand* Don't kill me!!
    I loved every frikkin minute of it. I didn't have one minute of morning sickness, I was so tired my first trimester that all I did was go to work for 8 hours and sleep the rest. I have never felt as good as I did while I was pregnant.. and don't even get me started on pregnant sex! oh mah god!

To make you feel a little better Heppy, my pregnancy was an absolute joy... delivery .. not so much. Nothing I will bore you all with, but let me just say that my birth plan was laughed out of the nurse's station. I was going for a non-invasive natural birth and ended up with a very invasive c-section.

I ended up with the opposite of post partum depression... post partum euphoria?? I felt great! I even chased my mother out of my house on my second day home. I just wanted to be at home, alone with hubby and baby.

eta: I was NOT impressed with strangers trying to touch my belly. One lady asked me if she could rub my belly and I said "only if I get to rub your's" *grin, walk away* Most people don't even ask.

One thing that I could have done without was in my last 2 weeks - trying to turn over in bed and having my pelvis shift and crack and creak, it was actually a little uncomfortable. Other than that - smooth sailing.
    Last edited by Duxxy; 04-07-2005 at 02:19 PM.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Congratulations Blondie! It looks like your efforts are paying off! I had a miscarriage between my son and daughter (I know, I've been pregnant or nursing for almost 6 yrs. straight ) but had a successfull pregnancy with my daughter and now with #3.

hepcat, I actually never wanted children (), just my career. My husband and I made an agreement that if we ever did get pregnant, he would leave his career to stay home and work on his PHD. Well, ballbaby applesauce got pregnant and couldn't part with her little apple so I stayed home and have been having children ever since.

I like to be on the go and active but pregnancy drains me to the point of exhaustion. Excercize (ok- I can't remember how to spell exercise, z, s, ) makes me physically ill and I tend to get "extremely" swollen during my last trimester. My poor husband is so patient and rarely complains about my rampant mood swings over silly things. One time I had to have a "BIG MAC" something I NEVER eat. When he came home from his errands without the BIG MAC, the tyrant wife threw a fit. He's never let me live it down.

Regarding people rubbing my belly...let's not even go there. Applesauce does not like that...unless it's mr.apple or one of the kids. I dislike strangers trying to touch the baby even more. grrrrr....
    Last edited by applesauce; 04-07-2005 at 02:42 PM. Reason: I can't seem to spell either.

Omg applesauce! ever have a stranger touch your newborns face or hands?? That would drive me wildly insane!! I even stopped one old lady from putting her finger in my baby's mouth!! I was so mad I could spit!

I'm a bit of a germaphobe.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

CONGRATS and best of wishes to all of you moms-to-be..It's such an exciting time, and it really does go fast, so enjoy it..once all the first trimester blahs subsides. I had two pregnancies, and was one of these who loved every minute of it...it's an experience beyond explanation. BEST of luck!
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    Omg applesauce! ever have a stranger touch your newborns face or hands?? That would drive me wildly insane!! I even stopped one old lady from putting her finger in my baby's mouth!! I was so mad I could spit!

I'm a bit of a germaphobe.
    This I can relate to. We adopted our baby at birth, and she has this beautiful auburn hair. I can't tell you how many strangers would come up and put their hands all over her head and face, admiring her hair. I appreciated the thought, but did they have to paw all over her? Some women would actually ask if they could cut a little piece of her hair off , to take to their hairdressers...honest. It got to the point where I'd put a hat on her. I love babies, but never assume I can get in their face, or put my hands all over them. :nono
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

A ha, so Duxxy and Angelic One come out of the closet! More power to you guys. Admittedy, seven months of morning sickness did not endear me to pregnancy.

People always grab newborn's hands, which are going to go straight into baby's mouth. In my opinion, it's alright to just put off visitors for a bit after the baby's born altogether, but it's not always an option.

And hey, Duxxy, I had a not-so-fun pregnancy, but labor and delivery went great. I went in with a "give me all your drugs" attitude, and ended up needing nothing but lamaze breathing.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread