+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 179 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone pregnant?

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    thanks for the doppler advice. I KNOW you guys are right, but the impatient side of me wants one. I've opted not to get it. I go to the doctor every 2 weeks now anyway since I'm diabetic, so I get a regular heartbeat check. Heard it today! It was 153 Soon enough I'll be feeling movement. I've felt a flutter every couple of days for the past week and a half, which is normal with a 2nd pregnancy (to feel it earlier than the first)

Anyway, I'm 16 weeks (tomorrow) and progressing nicely. Only gained 1 pound thusfar. Yay!

ETA: I'm having a Level II u/s and Fetal echo on 9/9. Anyone have one? I only had a regular 20 week u/s with my daughter. Getting my blood drawn for the quad screen tomorrow. That's always fun!

Cahalanmac - much congratulations for you! Enjoy this wave of emotion called pregnancy!!!
    Last edited by marybethp; 08-09-2005 at 01:49 PM.

marybeth, I did a level II with my last two pregnancies. I'm of "advanced maternal age" (as was discussed in another thread) and chose to have the level II U/S rather than amnios. Just a bit more detailed and clear than your normal ultrasound. They do a complete check of all the different baby parts from the space between the eyes, the spine, the internal organs, bone length, etc. The same tech did both of mine and gave me a lot of information on what each measurement meant and why they checked that part. Fascinating. Have fun seeing your baby!

Applesauce - I'm AMA too! I'm 36 now, but they want the level II because I'm diabetic. I'm just scared of the results, even though I have no reason to be!!!

I CANT STAND IT!!!! I said I would wait but I CAN NOT so I am here making a public announcement to my fellow FORTERS!!!

I am pregnant AGAIN.

*Beware of some graphic material, kiddies*

After my D&C in early May and a store-full of boxes of tissues later...I was still spotting right up until July 1st (which was my first menstrual cycle). My hubby was in India and we "celebrated" on the 18th of July.

Thanks to that night I am pregnant.

I really am in shock and disbelief. I can barely believe it. I didnt even try. Its like I am a teen saying to my parents "But it was only once, Mom."

I dont have the cramping and spotting like I had the last time but I do have some belly button aches and pains on my right side near my ovary. That freaks me out but it is a dull feeling. The doc is postive and says this is the one. All bloodwork was done on wednesday and I am awaiting the results. I am around 5 weeks and my ultrasound is on August 25th. That will show a lot.

I am happy, oh so happy, but yet cautious. My dear friends on FORT, you know what I have been through lately and I still feel a little raw from what happened a couple of months back. Emotionally.

I am trying to hold back my emotions and I pray that God will bless me.

All I can do is sit and wait and think good thoughts!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Oh Blondie Girl! I am praying that God will bless you too...that is wonderful news! I know you are very elated!!! Keep us posted...there's a lot of warm spirit and support for you here.

ETA: WHen I saw your name as the last poster in this thread, I was hoping I was going to read news like this...I am just thrilled for you.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Blondie! I'm actually teary-eyed with happiness for you. Congratulations!!! I'm sending out good vibes and prayers for you.

And don't you worry about those funny little pains 'round the ovaries, I had the exact same thing with both my girls and all was well. Remember that successful pregnancies often follow miscarriages. Take care of yourself and think only positive thoughts. And keep us updated on your progress, of course.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Thank you so much, Igotalife!

I will keep you posted and please do keep me in your prayers because I need every single one of them.

One of my friends made me cry yesterday. She said to me, "This baby could be the spirit of the baby you lost in May. The baby went to God and God turned the baby right around and sent him or her back to you". I cant tell you how emotional that made me feel. What a wonderful way to look a new life.

AJane!!! Thanks for the advice and the input. With every twinge I think "Whats that?"

"Remember that successful pregnancies often follow miscarriages."

I have been told that and I am hanging on to that with all of my heart...It always feels so nice to hear it again!

OMG OMG OMG OMG I'm so happy for you J!!! I will cross everything I have for you. My prayers are all for you and your hubby and your little bundle today.

I am so happy for you! Incredible how happy we can be for somebody we barely know. Keep us in the know and take good care of yourself.

+ Reply to Thread