+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 179 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone pregnant?

I'm not currently pregnant, but I have two kids and I am a doula (I assist mother's while they are birthing, and help them out before and after the delivery as well). I am also a La Leche (breastfeeding) coach. Feel free to email me if you have any questions or want to chat about birthing and babies -- they're my favorite topic!

A book that I recommend is "Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way". Even if you are planning to use drugs during your labor, this book is really great for learning some techniques that will get you through the portion of labor before you can have an epidural (lots of moms don't realize that this can be a looonng portion of labor). The Pam Englund book is also great - she's here in Albuquerque where I live and has an awesome doula program.

For after the delivery, I suggest "Your Baby and Child from Birth to Age Five" by Penelope Leach. (I just looked at at Amazon.com and they have some copies for $1.75!) I wore my copy out when my kids were little!

Hi! Pregnant with #2 here I'm 25 weeks along now and the morning sickness just finally stopped! Nice to see so many other preggos in one place

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Congratulations to all the new mommies and the mommies to be

I don't have any yet. We are currently trying though and can't wait for the day I find out I am.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Good Luck combat....and have fun trying!

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Congratulations to all the expectant mamas to be.

And since I haven't, um... well... unless Imaculate Conception exists, I am without child.

Hi everyone...CONGRATS to all!

I am so happy to announce, that after 3 years of trying and 1 miscarriage, I am PREGNANT 5 weeks! I still cant believe it. Found out last Friday!

Please fellow FORTERS send out prayers for me to be healthy and to have a healthy baby. The first trimester is tough!!!!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Awww...BlondieGirl that is so wonderful. Congratulations. I wish you the best of luck
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGirl
    Hi everyone...CONGRATS to all!

I am so happy to announce, that after 3 years of trying and 1 miscarriage, I am PREGNANT 5 weeks! I still cant believe it. Found out last Friday!

Please fellow FORTERS send out prayers for me to be healthy and to have a healthy baby. The first trimester is tough!!!!

Sending prayers up for all the parents-to-be.

Congrats, Blondiegirl!

As long as there's a pregnancy thread....

Alright, 'fess up. How many of you are one of those women who absolutely love being pregnant, every bit of it? Because I wanted to throttle you when I was pregnant. I hated being pregnant; being so uncomfortable, all the ups and downs physically and emotionally. Don't get me wrong, I had my eye on the prize, but we have all met women who just adore being pregnant. They're apt to wax poetic about the life force growing inside them when all you can think about is how that life force keeps pushing on your bladder.

Also, how many of you are enjoying the experience of strangers feeling enabled to touch your stomach? *shudder* Ah, the memories. And don't get used to strangers holding the door open for you. Once you're slinging a baby and actually do need the help because your arms are full, those friendly strangers are too busy avoiding eye contact with you to hold open a door.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Congrats BlondieGirl. I'm so happy for you!

And Heppy, since I have experienced the pregnancy factor, I am unable to answer your questions. However, I think I'd be the "throttling" type too.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

+ Reply to Thread