+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 179 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone pregnant?

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Oh Karna, what a stubborn little one you have. Let's hope that you can tell on the next ultrasound.

A friend of mine went when she was pregnant and the same thing happened to her. She never knew the sex of the baby until she had her.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    Thanks applesauce. That is the exact same position I am in. I am married 1 & 1/2 years, but with him for 15 (high school sweethearts) Everyone is constently asking when we are going to have a baby. It gets very frustrating. People should know not to ask a question like that. What if we can't have children. Like you said, I spent so much time trying to make sure I didn't get pregnant and now that I want to get pregnant, it feels like it is taking forever.
    May I offer a suggestion? The next time someone asks when you are starting a family, look them square in the eye and say "why on earth would you ask that question"? Stupid rude questions deserve rude answers and I don't care WHO is asking. If it's your mom, his mom, the preachers wife, I do not care. Both my daughters in law got the third degree from their families constantly until they actually obliged everyone and got pregnant. All I can figure out is that they must have all thought I had too much time on my hands because those babies that everyone was so eager for landed on my door step almost immediately. Unless someone has every intention of raising the baby for you, they don't get a say into it.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Thanks applesauce. That is the exact same position I am in. I am married 1 & 1/2 years, but with him for 15 (high school sweethearts) Everyone is constently asking when we are going to have a baby. It gets very frustrating. People should know not to ask a question like that. What if we can't have children. Like you said, I spent so much time trying to make sure I didn't get pregnant and now that I want to get pregnant, it feels like it is taking forever.
    Combat, I'm with Muduh. Not to sound like a total be-yotch, but I have a 6 year old and have been trying for four years for another. You wouldn't believe how many people would say "isn't it time for another" not realizing the heartache we've been through for 4 years. Therefore, I've now answered these people with "don't you think if I could have another, I would by now?" in a not-so-nice tone. It shuts them up pretty quick. I've gotten past feeling bad about it, because maybe it will make them think twice about asking me again, or asking someone else.

My fingers are crossed for you as you continue down this road! I hope your birthday wish tonight does come true

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Thanks Muduh and mary. I will have to start answering that way. I couldn't make it through this without all the support and well wishes from you guys.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Oh yeah, I've been there too. It never hurts to be honest, I would always say, "we're working on it" makes them feel crappy for asking then.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Thanks Muduh and mary. I will have to start answering that way. I couldn't make it through this without all the support and well wishes from you guys.
    If you wanted to be very rude you could answer, "We don't need the tax credit."

This so reminds me of my mother in law and her constant inquiring into our business. We were married for six years when our kid came along. She was so excited, for about fifteen minutes. I'm dead serious when I tell you that she can't remember his name half the time and he's 35 years old. He has never spent a night in her house and has never called her anything but Mrs. ----. He has a little boy four years old and she couldn't tell you his name if her life depended on it.
    This really doesn't have a lot to do with the discussion, but I feel better now.

I have been following this thread with a smile on my face.

Congratulations to all the FoRT moms-to-be! You're raising the next generation of FoRT users. Kidding, kidding...

(Remember to take a laptop with you into the delivery room so that we can get a play-by-play and share the blessed moment with you! Well, it's not like you can put the FoRT aside for very long, anyway. )
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

laptops aren't recommended for expectant mommies Phat

My favourite come back is:
    them- when are you going to have another one?
    me- how is that your business?
    My daugher is 5 now and this comes after 5 years of the stupid question - I used to answer honestly.. we only planned on one, we aren't having anymore. These people would actually lecture me! Like they had a right to express an opinion!
    Your daughter needs a sib
    Your daughter will be lonely
    You need to have two
    My friend told me I was selfish for only having one because when hubby and I die my daughter will be all alone! grrrrrr I'm getting ticked just typing this stuff.
    MYOB and everyone will be happy!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Duxxy, my three kids had one each. That's all that they planned on. Hopefully by the time their parents, and you, die, they will have their own family to deal with. My three kids aren't close now so I can't see it happening when I'm dead. Not many people that I know are busom buddies with their siblings now, why would death change things?
    I am certain that I've never offered advice to someone on what size family they should have. A few times I've wanted to when I've seem someone with their little stairsteps following along behind, but it wasn't my business.

+ Reply to Thread