+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 179 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone pregnant?

Ah applesauce I hope it turns out to be nothing other than the new little apple being a pain in the behind. That sounds horrible though. I hope you can sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    Ah applesauce I hope it turns out to be nothing other than the new little apple being a pain in the behind. That sounds horrible though. I hope you can sleep.

That's pretty much what my Dr. said it is. I went in this morning for my scheduled check up. She told me she often hears far more complaints about the pain down south from people on their second or third pregrancy. Everything checked out ok. My blood pressure was perfect and the swelling very mild this morning so she is just going to keep an eye on me each week. She also said the baby is head down so far which is good news for me. She said as long as things stay as they are, I could easily try for a V-BAC or elect to have another C-Section and have my tubes tied. She isn't pushing either option, just gives me the pros and cons of each. I really like her and the fact that she knows me so well. It's amazing how your ob/gyn is almost like family by the time you've seen her for 7 years.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PianoGal
    Combat - do NOT minimize your problems just because it's "only" been 4 months!! This is an incredibly frustrating and heartbreaking ordeal, whether it lasts months or years. I remember 4 months being a particularly scary time because it's when I started to consider the possibility that I was really going to have a long road ahead. It also coincided with my sister-in-law announcing she was expecting #4 -- which was such a mixed bag of emotions because of course I was happy for her but I had wanted to be "next" in the family.

And yes, the comments from others really stink! I never actually did this, but I had so many mini-fantasies of snapping back at people, telling them my whole story, and making them feel awful for asking such an insensitive question.

Oh, and the web address is www.resolve.org.

Best of luck!

Thanks PianoGal. Two of my friends are expecting. The first one found out days before she was to get her tubes tied (she has one and that was all she wanted). The second one found out about a month later. Neither of them wants children, so it make me frustrated. Like you said, I have mixed emotions for them. I'm happy for them on one hand because a child is a gift from God, but frustrated because I know they don't want them. Anyway, I have spoke to my family doctor about this and he put me on a prenatal vitamin. Last month I bought the ovulation kit and plan on buying it again this month. Thanks for the support.

applesauce, I'm sorry to hear about your discomfort. I hope it is nothing more than the little apple being annoying. Make sure you take good care of yourself.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Nothing is more irritating to me than "unplanned" pregnancies. My bil's girlfriend was pregnant at the same time I was with my son. She's had 2 more kids since then! She finally got her tubes tied, she's on SSI and has no business having all those kids. I didn't hear it from her mouth but someone in the family said she wanted to keep having kids to get more money from SSI,

On a happy note, I have my ultrasound on Friday and hopefully we'll find out what this little bean is!

Quote Originally Posted by TARfan_Carrie
    Combat, were you on the pill? I've been told that it takes about 6 months for it all to get out of your system, and it took exactly that long for me to get pregnant after I stopped birth control.

My gyn. told me that you can get pregnant as soon as you stop the pill, but it is preferable to wait 3 months after you stop to try to conceive in order to get your system regulated and take prenatal vitamins.

I was one of the lucky ones that got pregnant on the first try, but I have been told that it can take up to a year and that it is normal. Combat and all the others trying to conceive, don't give up, although i'm sure it is not an easy time.

Congrats to the pregnant mothers. Enjoy this time and the attention you have right now because your baby will take it ALL up. Mine is 4 months and he is a handfull, but he is mine and I love him for it.

See you at the Oasis (FORT's thread for parents)!

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    I have spoke to my family doctor about this and he put me on a prenatal vitamin. Last month I bought the ovulation kit and plan on buying it again this month. Thanks for the support.

applesauce, I'm sorry to hear about your discomfort. I hope it is nothing more than the little apple being annoying. Make sure you take good care of yourself.
    combat, I'm glad you spoke with your Dr. and I hope everything works out soon. Don't worry about me, I just get cranky somedays and start whining.

Good luck on Friday, Karna. Keep us posted.

Apple, you paint a vivid picture. You poor little thing...I hope these remaining weeks go quickly for you so you can at least be more comfortable in simple things like walking. Is there any way you can rest and put your feet up from time-to-time during the day?

Four months old is a magical time in a baby's life...their personality really begins to become obvious. Congrats DesertRose.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Combat, hang in there. We had a tough time trying to conceive a second time, and my doctor and I agreed it was likely because of my age at the time (35). I don't know how old you are, but if another couple of months go by and no luck, speak to your physician about fertility drugs, if you and your husband can manage the expense. (Some health insurance plans cover them, too - worth checking into.)
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

You guys I'm so bummed! They couldn't tell the sex! They said 75% girl (what we want) but the cord was in the way so it might be hiding something. We didn't want to know with my son but he gave us a full shot and this little bean is being shy. I go back in 4 weeks so they can get a better look at the heart so hopefully we can find out then!

Oh, Karna, I'm sorry to hear that. My daughter was not shy about it. We did the ultra sound and there she was all spread eagle saying "Look, I'm a girl". The first baby (the one I gave up for adoption) was all curled up back out and wouldn't turn around for nothing. At one point she kicked so hard the ultrasound thingy (technical term, ya know? ) jumped off my tummy. She didn't like being woken up. Of course, I have some revenge. I have an ultrasound pic of her little butt.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread