+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is anyone pregnant?

Re: Is anyone pregnant?

Yes! You're right. I liked those better as well.

Having a boy I never got to dress him up all cute and such so have a blast with clothes and all the frilly things!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

That's terrific news, Geek. I hope you continue to have a very uneventful pregnancy. Girls are just wonderful.

Congrats Geek!

My sister had twin girls about 2 years ago and I absolutely adore being an aunt to them. It's fun having two girls around and seeing how they each have their own individual personality and interests.

Twin girls, how sweet! I know it's not pc to like boys over girls or vice-versa, but I'm such a fan of baby girls. I think it's all the adorable clothes. lol.

Geek! Twin girls, congrats! You will love having little daughters and make sure to go nuts dressing them exactly the way you want. You won't believe how quickly they start asserting themselves fashion-wise.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Doing a lap before I commit to a location

Geek! Congratulations! Are you going to name them Jessica and Elizabeth? I Loved those Sweet Valley High books. Took me all of a half hour to read each one, but I loved them! I was trying to make my sister name her new baby (a boy, but we didn't know that at the time) Lila. I love that name and it would so cute -- Kayla and Lila.

Update: I was spotting last week, so in a panic I went to the doctor again to fit me in for an ultrasound and examination. I heard the heartbeat this time, and got a new close-up picture so I was feeling so relieved. Everything was fine, this technician said I'm a full week ahead of the original ultrasound's estimate, so right now I'm about 8 weeks pregnant. I have a book that gives the baby's development by weeks, and right now the baby has paddle-like hands that will grow fingers in another few weeks, and is starting to develop facial features, ear chambers and heart chambers. Also, a bit of eye pigment comes into being soon, here's hoping Daddy was generous and gave this baby his beautiful green eyes!

I was spotting again this morning, and trying to relax, I keep talking to people who have told me their (or their friend's/relatives) spotting woes, and that the worst thing I could do is panic, that this may just be how my pregancy is, but I cannot help feeling super-apprehensive.

In other fun news (not!) things are not looking good for my long-term stay at the job I've hated for years. I was just starting to be grateful for the opportunity I have here to work from home one day a week (and maybe more depending on a Flexible Work Arrangement), and now it looks like I may not be here still when the baby comes. I'm safe for a while though, but am soooooo not telling them I'm with child until I cannot hide it. I can hide it for a significantly long time, I think, because I'm already overweight, so it's not going to be too noticeable for quite a while.
    Last edited by VeronicaBelle27; 12-15-2008 at 03:21 PM.
    Could does not mean should

Try not to fret, Veronica. Spotting is very common and it can continue throughout the entire pregnancy. If your doctor says everything is fine then you must listen to him/her. And don't stress about your job. When I was expecting my first, my manager spent months moaning about how I was leaving her in the lurch and then phoned me regularly on my maternity leave to bitch about how unhappy she was with my replacement. (And this was someone I'd worked with for many years, whom I thought of as a friend. I gave her my resignation the day I returned from leave.) I would just check out the local labour laws to find out exactly how much notice you have to give them before going on mat leave.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Doing a lap before I commit to a location

AJane, I wish that's the case. I wasn't too clear in my post. I'm a consultant, so mat leave is an interesting concept as is. They don't know I'm expecting, and won't for months, that's not why I fear for my job right now.

Trying to hope for the best and stay positive!!!
    Could does not mean should

I'm resurrecting this thread to let y'all know that...

... I HAD THE BABIES! Yep, I am now officially a mother of two - and a damn proud one, at that. My due date wasn't until 8 May, but after me developing preeclampsia and the babies not growing properly, it was decided that I'd have a c-section a month ahead of time. 09.39 Swedish time on April 9 (yep, Easter babies!), baby Elsa Elvira was born. Two minutes later, her sister Agnes Cecilia (named after a beloved Swedish children's novel, of course!) followed. Both were tiny, just over 2 kilos each (what's that, about 4 lbs?), but healthy and absolutely beautiful. We've now been home for over a week, and things are going surprisingly smoothly. The girls are already synchronized in terms of eating and sleeping habits, which is wonderful, since it means I don't have to feed them 24/7 (just every three hours)... and yes, I have been able to read - and finish! - three books since they were born. They really are their mother's daughters!

I'll stop by and post some pics later: in the meantime, look at my new avatar. Hope all is well with any other mothers-to-be here at the FORT. I'm happy beyond words!
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Congratulations geekthgirl!!! I'm so happy everything worked out for you and the new girls healthwise. They are so precious, I can't wait to see more pictures.

+ Reply to Thread