+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is anyone pregnant?

Re: Is anyone pregnant?

Having had whoops! pregnancies I love hearing how excited everyone gets about becoming pregnant! Keep the good news coming!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaBelle27;3244655;
    I usually take Robitussin at night when I have this cold (I get the same one all the time) swollen glands, sore throat, and choking on air when laying down/trying to sleep. I know I can't take any decongestants of any kind, even the one recommended drug is off limits in the first trimester...so I'm looking for some home remedies!!!
    What about something like Vicks Vapo Rub that you don't actually ingest?

I looked it up and found a place that says it is okay (and has some additional ideas)...
    Coughs and Colds in Pregnancy

Although I'm sure a pharmacist could give you a first-hand answer!!
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 12-04-2008 at 04:22 PM. Reason: adding info

VeronicaBelle27, you can use Sudafed Soothers. I think Vicks makes one too. You plug it in while sleeping and it really helps. I swear by them when I'm sick. A saline nasal spray might help you as well. Good luck and congrats!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3245538;
    Having had whoops! pregnancies I love hearing how excited everyone gets about becoming pregnant! Keep the good news coming!
    Having had NO pregnancies, I love hearing about others' excitement about their pregnancies, and am glad to say congrats, better you than me!

Seriously -- Congratulations Geek and Veronica!
    (and better you than me!!!)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Doing a lap before I commit to a location

Thanks for the congratulations everyone! My doctor told me I could use some Afrin spray... which I will try not to develop a dependency on... and I've been using my humidifier and am feeling a lot better today.

Had my OB/GYN appointment yesterday. I am due July 26, (a week before daddy's birthday!) and everything looks okay. I had my first ultrasound and have been staring at the picture goofily since I got it. On Thursday I go for blood work up and all that fun stuff.

I was so squeamish and freaked out during the ultrasound that I didn't even notice the heartbeat! Mr.Belle said it was loud enough there's no way I couldn't have! I was concentrating so much on how it felt like the scope thing was the technician's mouse and she was typing and pointing and clicking away. Mr. Belle's sister is an ultrasound tech, but I don't visit her doctor. Even when I change doctors, because I do not like the hospital my doc is affiliated with, and will need to switch, I still won't be in her practice.

I feel like a bad mama! Didn't even listen to my own baby's heartbeat! (skulking off to hide)
    Last edited by VeronicaBelle27; 12-06-2008 at 04:18 PM.
    Could does not mean should

Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaBelle27;3246625;
    . . . I feel like a bad mama! Didn't even listen to my own baby's heartbeat! (skulking off to hide)
    Uh-oh -- better start up kid's psychotherapy fund! No, seriously, I can only imagine the gazillion things that would have been going through your brain. You'll more than make up for not listening to the heartbeat by having to listen to all the griping during the teen years!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Hi everyone!

Thought I'd give y'all a little update in Geek the Twin Mom Saga. I had my second ultrasound yesterday, and it looks like I'm the proud mother-to-be of two baby girls! The babies were a bit shy about exposing their privates to the camera (hopefully, they will stay that way ) but it definitely looked like girl equipment to the doctor, so yay!

Wishing for a specific sex is slightly taboo, I know, and OF COURSE I would have been equally thrilled to discover that I'm carrying two boys. I've always wanted at least one girl, though, and there is something magical about twin girls, isn't there? (Maybe it's the former Sweet Valley fan in me speaking...)

The girls are exactly the same size, which is wonderful, especially considering that we discovered that there isn't two placentas like the first doctor thought, but just one. Here's to hoping that they'll keep sharing the food!
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl;3249997;
    Wishing for a specific sex is slightly taboo, I know, and OF COURSE I would have been equally thrilled to discover that I'm carrying two boys. I've always wanted at least one girl, though, and there is something magical about twin girls, isn't there? (Maybe it's the former Sweet Valley fan in me speaking...)

The girls are exactly the same size, which is wonderful, especially considering that we discovered that there isn't two placentas like the first doctor thought, but just one. Here's to hoping that they'll keep sharing the food!
    Congrats on your girls geek!!! I am also a recovering Sweet Valley High fan, so I am with you on the twin girl thing
    Wishing you a continued healthy pregnancy!!!

Awww 2 girls! You're going to have your hands full but it will be so worth it!

OMG on the SWH! I was such a huge reader of that entire series as a kid.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3250202;
    Awww 2 girls! You're going to have your hands full but it will be so worth it!

OMG on the SWH! I was such a huge reader of that entire series as a kid.
    OMG, yes! I think I must have read close to a hundred Sweet Valley novels as a tween. I actually preferred the series where Jessica and Elizabeth were still in middle school - I think those are called Sweet Valley Twins.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

+ Reply to Thread