+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is anyone pregnant?

Re: Is anyone pregnant?

geek, thanks for the explanation. That's fascinating stuff. Incidentally, my girls are nearly 4 years apart and I've been known to dress them alike. Hey, it's cute for pictures and special occasions. Apparently, my identical twin aunts absolutely loved dressing alike and believe it or not, were known to trick their teachers and school mates by switching places. I know that sounds incredibly hokey, but it was the '50's after all. Now my older daughter goes to school with a set of girl twins, and these two can't seem to put enough distance between them - they even requested to be put in separate classrooms this year. Go figure.

Oddly enough, I don't think I've ever seen a set of boy twins, but plenty of girl twins and boy-girl (I know those can't be identical, though). Is it more rare to have boy twins, I wonder?

ETA: Veronica, I missed your post - hope congratulations aren't premature. Home tests shouldn't give false positives, so I'm betting that you are indeed pregnant. I would definitely stay away from any cold medication before checking with your doctor. I was down with a terrible flu when pregnant with my second - horrible. If you're having problems breathing, though, I would seek medical attention sooner than Friday.
    Last edited by AJane; 12-03-2008 at 11:49 AM.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Doing a lap before I commit to a location

Thanks, AJane! Yes, my sister had a flu, my friend did, almost everyone I've ever known.

I usually take Robitussin at night when I have this cold (I get the same one all the time) swollen glands, sore throat, and choking on air when laying down/trying to sleep. I know I can't take any decongestants of any kind, even the one recommended drug is off limits in the first trimester...so I'm looking for some home remedies!!!

Further notes on the test: I took a generic, "Care One" type Monday night, because I felt dumb buying one considering how irregular I am and how much trouble I'd (supposedly!!!) have conceiving. So, I took it and the plus was there but the one line was really bright, and the other was barely there. On the instructions that meant positive, but I bought an EPT last night. What an ordeal that was. At this store, they are kept in a locked cabinet at the courtesy counter. So, the first time the lady disappeared for twenty minutes, came back and said the key is broken that's why it took so long. Well, it was the wrong one. I said, I need the kind that has words!!! So, after another ten minutes or so (was now LATE to meet honey's train) she came back with the correct test. When I finally got home and used it, the "Pregnant" came up straight away, I barely got the plastic cover back on the stick. I checked it throughout the night, and it was still there. I saved it for posterity, but my sister said the readout goes away. Dang!
    Last edited by VeronicaBelle27; 12-03-2008 at 12:09 PM.
    Could does not mean should

Congratulations, veronica!!!!

I'm sorry you are sick and can't take anything though. I would definitely try the humidifier, it can't hurt. Maybe you could also try a neti-pot? It has definitely helped me this allergy/cold season.

Congrats, Veronica.

Congratulations!!!
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Congratulations, VeronicaBelle, that's wonderful news! The home pregnancy tests are more than 99.9% accurate today, so if I were you, I'd start celebrating. Keep up posted on your pregnancy and feel free to "compare notes" with another first-time mom.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Congratulations VeronicaBelle! I've also read that home tests today are very accurate, and furthermore they don't give false positives. They may give false negatives if the you don't have enough hormones in your system, but since they react to the pregnancy hormone, they cannot give false positives.

Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaBelle27;3244655;
    Thanks, AJane! Yes, my sister had a flu, my friend did, almost everyone I've ever known.

I usually take Robitussin at night when I have this cold (I get the same one all the time) swollen glands, sore throat, and choking on air when laying down/trying to sleep. I know I can't take any decongestants of any kind, even the one recommended drug is off limits in the first trimester...so I'm looking for some home remedies!!!

Further notes on the test: I took a generic, "Care One" type Monday night, because I felt dumb buying one considering how irregular I am and how much trouble I'd (supposedly!!!) have conceiving. So, I took it and the plus was there but the one line was really bright, and the other was barely there. On the instructions that meant positive, but I bought an EPT last night. What an ordeal that was. At this store, they are kept in a locked cabinet at the courtesy counter. So, the first time the lady disappeared for twenty minutes, came back and said the key is broken that's why it took so long. Well, it was the wrong one. I said, I need the kind that has words!!! So, after another ten minutes or so (was now LATE to meet honey's train) she came back with the correct test. When I finally got home and used it, the "Pregnant" came up straight away, I barely got the plastic cover back on the stick. I checked it throughout the night, and it was still there. I saved it for posterity, but my sister said the readout goes away. Dang!

My readouts never went away, but you should take a pic of it just incase
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Congrats Veronica!!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Doing a lap before I commit to a location

Thanks All, for all the congratulations and well wishes!

I can't wait to go to the doctor tomorrow (how often does one say that in life? ) and get my questions answered. I bought a humidifier last night.

Good idea, though I'm reluctant to try the NetiPot, brunette trixie, cuz those things trigger my "Gah! I'm not doing that!"-reflex. I think this will be the first (and smallest) of many things that I have to get over being squeamish about for 9 months (forever, probably!). Mr.Belle has chronic sinus infections and has to do that or Saltaire constantly. It bugs me out to even know he's doing that behind the bathroom door.

Great idea Closet Nerd! It may just be the way my sister stored hers, but I'll take the picture anyway!

Yes geek, commiserate away!
    Last edited by VeronicaBelle27; 12-04-2008 at 02:48 PM.
    Could does not mean should

+ Reply to Thread