+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is anyone pregnant?

Re: Is anyone pregnant?

Congratulations, Geek! I'm another who made it though my entire pregnancy with no morning sickness and had a healthy baby. I was surprised, because my mom had morning sickness "from the minute she got pregnant until the minute the baby was born" ... and we were all healthy, too!

Again - congratulations - and I'm envious because maternity clothes are so much cuter now than they were 20+ years ago when *I* had to wear them.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Y'all don't have to worry, I'm not pregnant. But now I'll have to post in here every now and then to keep you on your toes.

Thanks, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by SR5Rfan;3201824;

Again - congratulations - and I'm envious because maternity clothes are so much cuter now than they were 20+ years ago when *I* had to wear them.
    I know! Topshop (not sure if you have Topshop across the pond) has this whole new maternity wear line that's just to die for, so I actually look forward to getting huge.

And AJane, I know what you mean about the downside of not experiencing morning sickness. I try to stick to my usual balanced, healthy diet, but this past week in particular I've been wolfing down cheddar and raspberry jam sandwiches like there's no tomorrow. And plums. And Haagendasz. And big platefuls of pasta. Well, put it in front of me and I'll it eat. I'm just SO DARN HUNGRY. Hopefully the ravenous part will cool down soon, because I'd like to be able to wear my old clothes at some point again.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

geek - I had morning sickeness with my son, but not with either of my girls and with them I was ravenous! I remember eating a full eggs/toast/bacon/homefries breakfast and then having apple pie for dessert! I did put on weight I've never taken off, so be careful. Nursing is supposed to help you lose weight, but that made me hungry, too!
    Count your blessings!

Congratulations, geekthegirl!

Think of all the new children's books you will get to read, and all the older ones you can rediscover.

Congratulations geekthegirl!! I'm another one that didn't have a minute of morning sickness, although I did get carsick on a 4 hour drive before we knew I was pregnant. One odd thing was that I couldn't brush my teeth in the morning, if I even looked at my toothbrush before noon it made me nauseous. Thank goodness for mouthwash!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3203217;
    Congratulations geekthegirl!! I'm another one that didn't have a minute of morning sickness, although I did get carsick on a 4 hour drive before we knew I was pregnant. One odd thing was that I couldn't brush my teeth in the morning, if I even looked at my toothbrush before noon it made me nauseous. Thank goodness for mouthwash!
    Congrats Geek.

Duxxy, I thought I was the only one that couldn't brush my teeth before noon when I was pregnant.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Congrats, GeekTheGirl! May you enjoy your pregnancy to the fullest! Don't sweat the small stuff. If I could have been a professional incubator, I would have gone down that path. No morning sickness, feeling great, fast deliveries. I guess I was an "earth mother". Anyway, ENJOY!

Congratulations, Geek! Best wishes for a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Congrats, Geek! That is wonderful news.

I'm wondering if anyone on here had implantation bleeding when they first became preggers. I had some slight spotting last night that I thought was an early period. It has now stopped. It's never happened to me before. Being the anxious person that I am, I assumed it was cancer or something awful, but when I run the numbers in my head it very well could be implantation bleeding. I didn't have it with my first but was wondering if anyone else has had it. I think it's too early to test yet.

+ Reply to Thread