+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is anyone pregnant?

Re: Is anyone pregnant?

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;2353080;
    CN, I've been supplementing with formula. I tried Similac and Enfamil and both upset her tummy. Someone suggested I try Nestle Good Start and she has NO problem with it.
    I also gave A. Enfamil and he had painful gas. I switched to Good Start and it was great. The enzymes are already predigested, so the milk is lighter. I noticed it was lighter in color also.

I need help with some advice.

I never post in this thread just because I'm 25, single, and child-less. But my sister just had a baby yesterday, and had to be taken into surgery this morning to receive blood. She's okay now, and out of surgery... but her husband said that they'd prefer visitors another time.

Do I follow my brother in law's wishes, or play the "intruding family" card and just bring them lunch and then leave?

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Callie;2356966;
    I need help with some advice.

I never post in this thread just because I'm 25, single, and child-less. But my sister just had a baby yesterday, and had to be taken into surgery this morning to receive blood. She's okay now, and out of surgery... but her husband said that they'd prefer visitors another time.

Do I follow my brother in law's wishes, or play the "intruding family" card and just bring them lunch and then leave?
    personally, I'd abide by your BIL's wishes. They'll need more food/help when they are home and they might appreciate it more then. You could always call your sister and tell her you're thinking of her and that you'd be glad to bring her a dinner or lunch or groceries or whatever she needs once she's home and feeling up to it. I actually asked for no visitors when I had my first baby because I didn't know what to expect and I didn't have surgery - I never would have wanted visitors and I LOVE my sisters and brothers - I just wanted to get the best rest I could, because once you go home, you just don't get rest.

I'm glad she's okay and congrats Aunt Callie!!!

Congratulations Callie!

I agree with marybeth. Call your sister to let her know you're thinking of her and save the visit for when she's home. Especially if she has other children, that's when she'll need your help and support.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I agree with the other posters. I'm sure she will love to see you and accept your help once she is home. You could always send flowers or a gift basket to the hospital to let her know you are thinking of her, as well.

Congrats!

Congrats, Callie. Add me to the list of abiding by BIL's wishes. Just let them know you are available to help once she is home.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Congrats Callie! And I agree with the other posters for sure. The first time I was in the hospital I felt so overwhelmed and intruded upon from all the well meaning visitors. This time we asked for severe restrictions on the visiting... family only, and keep it very short. But secretly, I would have prefered none After all that to-do, I just wanted to get my last few moments of real peace. And frankly, I hated people seeing me such a mess.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Update: My sister is doing fine!

I decided not to go to the hospital, and I'll be going to visit her either tonight or tomorrow. Whenever my BIL calls and says it's okay

Happy Day!

Congratulations auntie Callie! It's great to know your sister is doing fine. I'm sure she and your BIL will appreciate you respecting their wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;2354165;
    Hmm.. I wonder if I should start taking my iron pills again. I had some anemia during the pregnancy. I have lost another 5 pounds since my doctors apt the other day.. perhaps they are connected somehow? Truthfully though, there is a big part of me that secretly hopes it continues on this track. Damn you impossible hollywood standards!
    I thought I looked thinner until I saw recent pics of me. Not good.
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

+ Reply to Thread