+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is anyone pregnant?

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;2203722;
    lildago How are you feeling? Are you still funtioning at a semi normal level?
    It depends on how you define normal. Seriously, I have a healthy baby so I can't complain.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I guess I meant... for example. Every time I go to get out of a chair, or out of the car, someone asks me if I need a hand. No thank you, I am still capable of hauling myself around. How about stairs? some days I'm peppy hopsalong and other days 15 steps is cause for a rest at the top

Now, if I am laying on the couch watching TV at night, and I get too lazy to go potty before I hit emergency levels.. well, then I need my husbands help to get up without causing a disaster. But those are my fault for letting my bladder get too full. *Granted, that only takes about 45 minutes to do. And sometimes I need help sitting up in bed. But only if I let myself lay funny for a while and my hip gets all soft and spready.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

ClosetNerd, didn't you know that pregnant women are invalid? I felt like everybody was extra helpful when I was pregnant. Hello! I can get up and walk, thank-you-very-much!

If I may give you some unasked for advice, though, I could not help but notice that you mentionned you had to buy more Tums for your heartburn. I also suffered from heartburn in my second trimester and bought Tums, for added calcium, but was told by a nurse that you can actually get "accustomed" to Tums and will get more heartburn. She suggested I switched for Gaviscon. They are not very good (they foam in your mouth), but they did take care of my heartburn permanently.

Oh thanks DesertRose I will definately look into that!

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2203809;
    ClosetNerd, didn't you know that pregnant women are invalid? I felt like everybody was extra helpful when I was pregnant. Hello! I can get up and walk, thank-you-very-much!

If I may give you some unasked for advice, though, I could not help but notice that you mentionned you had to buy more Tums for your heartburn. I also suffered from heartburn in my second trimester and bought Tums, for added calcium, but was told by a nurse that you can actually get "accustomed" to Tums and will get more heartburn. She suggested I switched for Gaviscon. They are not very good (they foam in your mouth), but they did take care of my heartburn permanently.
    I can do a pretty decent rabid dog impersonation with Gaviscon .
    I remember women were extra nice to me during my pregnancies - more so than men. Have any of you noticed that?
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

*shudder* That foaming thing the Gaviscon does makes me retch. They do work, though, much better than Tums. I have reflux disease, and pregnancy makes it twice as bad - and I couldn't take prescription meds while pregnant. Ugh.

Cricketeen, I think other women are definitely extra-kind to pregnant women. I certainly am.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I haven't noticed it with women around here. They are certainly a lot more nosey and ask/make a lot more personal remarks than men. But for sheer politeness, I think the men I have encountered have them beat! I always attributed it to good old gender ignorance They can't fathom what it must feel like, so they assume it's horrible?

Audrey Caroline was born last week....7lbs 3oz. She'll be in my profile for a couple of days.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Congratulations Lildago. She is adorable! I love her name!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Oh liladago, she is adorable. I love the name too. Congratulations
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread