+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is anyone pregnant?

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2104500;
    Thanks AJane! Um, this isn't a very delicate question but do any of you moms remember being particularly, um, gassy, during your pregnancies?

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I've had a particularly horrible day today. But the good news is I'm almost at 13 weeks and the baby (and I) are both doing really well! In the latest ultrasound, I saw the baby's full bladder. It was too cute! Also, now that I made it through the first trimester, I'm actually telling a few people. It's nice not to keep this a secret anymore!

Congratulations, Lois! Glad to hear you made it through the first trimester and that everything is looking good for you and your baby. Your family & friends must be very excited for you.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    YAY Lois! That's wonderful news

And yup on the gassiness thing - motherhood is fun

Thanks all! Everyone is very excited and happy for us, as well as surprised, since the last they heard from me on this subject was when I told them that we can't have kids! I'm still waiting for the queasiness to go away and for the mythical "glowing" phase to magically appear!

I'm also gonna have to get my credit card out and buy new pants/skirts. I've been wearing track suits (just call me a Soprano!) and some pants that were way too big on me before (that fit fine now) to run errands and stuff. But my work clothes are all tight around the waist now.

I had the hugest craving for McDonald's filet o' fish sandwich today so that's what I ate. Even though I don't normally like it very much. But today, it was DELICIOUS!

(And the gassiness is still here...so you all may want to stand clear of me! )

Cord Blood Banking Discount Coupon

Congrats Lois!!

Hello all of you pregnant FORTers. I won't be giving birth to any more 'lil apples. I just wanted to offer some discount coupons I received if anyone is interested in cord blood banking. We did it several years back and recently received two $250.00 coupons from the banking group that we could pass on to friends and family should we not use them ourselves. I know many people don't do this because of the initial costs which are a bit high. None of our friends are currently pregnant or planning additional pregnancies so I thought I would check in here.

If anyone wants one of the two coupons, just PM me and I will send it to you. Thanks.

Hey all my partners in Gestation. Just checking in to ask about everyone's progress.

Mr Nerd and I just found out we have a second little boy on the way. I can't pretend I am not dissapointed. But hey, at least we already have all the clothes he could ever need, and then some! We just spent the last 20 week picking out a girls name tho. So now it's time to switch gears I suppose and look in our other bag - o -tricks.

Is anyone else having fun (or not so fun) name shopping?
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Congratulations on the little boy you will be having. When are you due? Good luck and keep us posted on your pregnancy.

Still no little combatcutie's yet. I'm disappointed, but my OBGYN is taking charge of finding out what's going on.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

applesauce, I just saw your post now. The husband and I haven't decided if we're going to do the cord blood banking thing, so I don't want to hog your coupon. But thanks for offering! ClosetNerd, congrats on your precious little boy! I think I'm carrying a boy. Just a feeling I have. I'll know in about another month or so. combatcutie, not sure how old you are but the docs all say it takes a little longer if you're 35 or older. Took me a while, that's for sure. Glad to hear you're being proactive and getting things all checked out. I have a friend who's almost 40 and has fibroids. She's not married yet, but would like to have children one day. I keep telling her to get the fibroids situation taken care of NOW so she won't have to worry about it when she and her future husband are trying to get pregnant!

p.s. My morning sickness has finally dissipated! It feels so nice not having that horrible feeling of nauseau all day long! Yay!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2159497 combatcutie[/B
    , not sure how old you are but the docs all say it takes a little longer if you're 35 or older. Took me a while, that's for sure. Glad to hear you're being proactive and getting things all checked out. I have a friend who's almost 40 and has fibroids. She's not married yet, but would like to have children one day. I keep telling her to get the fibroids situation taken care of NOW so she won't have to worry about it when she and her future husband are trying to get pregnant!
    I'm 31. But I have cysts and fibroids. I just went for an ultra sound and was talking to the tech. He told me that no matter what you do for cysts and fibroids, they still grow back. I asked him if he thought it would be better if I had a DNC or whatever to get rid of them and that's what he told me. I have an appointment with the OBGYN on Friday and I will ask him the same question. I've asked him this and he's said the same thing.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread