+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is anyone pregnant?

Tallulah, Coco is just adorable. How is Duke doing with a new little sister?

AmyKay, I missed Chloe's pic, too. She is beautiful.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marybethp View Post
    LoisLane - I read on another thread somewhere (good news maybe?) that you heard your little itty bitty heartbeat. That is the very best feeling in the world! Hope you're feeling well!!!
    Thanks marybethp! We did indeed! This pregnancy is progressing along well--we saw the gestational sac at the right time; we saw the yolk sac; we saw the fetal pole...then the heart beat! It was pretty amazing...

I am nauseous all day long 24/7 (the only time I'm OK is when I eat, but I never want to eat so I have to force myself) -- but I don't actually throw up, so that's a plus!

I can't believe Maddie is 9 months!!!! I don't think I've ever seen a baby with bigger eyes! I will say--we have some awfully cute babies on the FORT!!!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Oh Talluh, Coco is absolutely precious. Thank you for sharing the pics with the FoRT family
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

OK, I have lost 6 pounds in my first trimester so far. The only things I can consistently eat: crackers (even they make me gag sometimes), white rice, grapes, pineapple chunks (fresh, not canned), vanilla ice cream (sometimes), water, root beer, chocolate milk, orange juice, buttered toast. Tonight I was so hungry I made soup, noodles and a salad...and by the time I was done, I had to throw most of it out. Just smelling it made me want to hurl. Even the smell of my husband's morning coffee makes me want to stick my head in the toilet, too! The doc says not to worry 'cause the baby's growing well and I'm taking my prenatal vitamins and I'm not actually throwing up; and that I will most likely makeup the weight gain in the second and third trimesters.

OK, I know this has been happening for a kajillion years with healthy babies delivered...but it just seems like the body is set up to starve the poor baby! How can it be good to be this nauseous and NOT want to eat when you're trying to sustain a little being in your body?

I have been pregnant before but they were never as uncomfortable as this. Since I've had horrible luck in the past with my relatively painless pregnancies, I'm hoping all this discomfort means I'm carrying a healthy, fat baby this time!

giz
    Have you tried sushi? I ate a ton of sushi with my second because the smell of hot/warm food nauseated me so sushi passed the nausea test. I ate mostly California rolls as I like the crab and avocado and didn't have to worry about raw fish (though with sushi it's so fresh it's probably not a problem). I also ate a ton of dried cranberries, so much that I can't face them to this day. Also molasses in stuff as it's a great source of iron. Good luck with that. My preggers friend is just past her third month and is mostly over her nausea, so I hope yours goes away too. (Mine lasted all 9 months but I was unlucky).

Lois, my sister lost about that much on her first trimester. Now that she is 2 weeks away from giving birth, she gained 30lbs (mostly water retention) and the baby is about 7lbs. Do not worry about it. Eat what you can. My sister found that she could eat most foods if it wasn't her cooking it and if the smell didn't linger in the house, which meants a lot of restaurant food at that moment.

I remember once she was over with her husband and we ordered pizza. Just before the pizza came, she got nauseous. The smell of the pizza made her feel worse. She didn't have pizza for months after that...

Thanks guys. The weird thing is I gained like 5 pounds and had a fairly healthy appetite and then I lost that plus the 6 pounds. It's like a weird pregnancy diet! We have been ordering out a lot--but even that gets tiring. I try to order healthy, but sometimes you just want to eat crap (I've been craving McDonald's hambugers--the puny little ones that basically taste like nothing). Giz, I wanted sushi for the first 7 weeks (the raw stuff, but I only ate the cooked things or the veggie rolls). Now the thought of even my beloved sushi makes me want to hurl. DesertRose, yes, the smell lingering in the house is a doozy. When that happens, I make the husband open all the windows (and it's pretty cold here these days), turn all the vents/fans on in the kitchen and try to just WILL the smell to go away. My sister told me when she was pregnant, she had all these cravings and bought all this stuff at the store. By the next day, just the thought of eating any of that made her throw up so her husband donated it all to a food shelter (since it was only a day old!). When I go grocery shopping, I buy the smallest containers of everything 'cause I never know if one bite will do me in!

OK, enough of my kavetching and complaining. Let's see more baby pictures here (when you moms have time to post them, I mean!).

Lois, apparently nausea is a sign of a healthy baby. Not to say that lack of it means the opposite, because I had very little illness with both my pregnancies and my kids came out fine. I could have done with being at least a little sick...I gained a ton of weight with both, far more than necessary, and that I could have done without.

This is the pregnancy thread, so please don't think you can't do a little whining - wait till your feet swell, and your back hurts, and the heartburn starts... Just kidding. Anyway, all that stuff doesn't mean anything the second after the doctor puts your baby in your arms.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Thanks AJane! Um, this isn't a very delicate question but do any of you moms remember being particularly, um, gassy, during your pregnancies? I know the reasoning behind it (food takes longer to digest when you're pregnant so it's sitting around in your system longer) but it really is kinda disgusting! But yes, I'll be the stinkiest, queasiest person now if I can just have a healthy baby in six or seven months! It'll all be worth it!

giz
    Alot of women do get gassy though I wasn't plagued with that. For me it was pretty much just the queasy. After my babies were born my hair fell out in huge amounts. It was like tumbleweeds around the house! Your husband sounds sweet. I used to get nauseated looking at groceries and my ex would not even put them away as he found it too stressful! Looking at raw meat (I'm a veggie and find it a little gross at the best of times), was just awful.

+ Reply to Thread