+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone pregnant?

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Didn't sound like that to me J.D.

As far as cravings....omg all I wanted was CHEESE! Especially Ricotta cheese. I ate more calzones during my pregnancy!!! I also craved sour cream. Ate more veggies and dip and doritos and dip - not to mention sour cream from the spoon!

I did have aversions too - loved chicken, but didn't really like it while pregnant.

Nahh don't slink away. I might have missed something, But I don't see anything preachy. As far as Labor stories go, check this one out!
    My neighbor Poo, *yes her name actually is Poo* went into labor with her son and 2 and a half days later he was still in there. So they put her in a jacuzzi so she could relax and hopefully move things along.. He started to come out but got his shoulders stuck behind the pelvic bones. So they had to carry her across the hall with one person on each arm, and one on each leg... Push the baby back up inside and perform a C section! He was big, 11 pounds something.. But not nearly as big as his father who was a 14 pounder. At age 4 he was bigger than his 6 yr old sister Sooy if I scared anyone, I think the story is funny! My cousins wife on the other hand had a 45 min labor from begining to end, and only had to push 2 times!

Cravings: Not so much. Tho I do drink milk and chock milk like it's going out of style now. More aversions than anything. CHICKEN! And I used to have a mainly chicken diet.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

14 pounder? It took my daughter until 8 months to reach that weight. Did he come out walking?

Aversions: yogurt. I still can't face it after upchucking it a few times in the early days.

Also, anything that smelled like anything. Pregnancy nose is so weird - I'm glad I float around in a state of barely smelling the world around me under normal circumstances.

JD, you didn't sound preachy. It's like you say, you don't get a merit badge for doing it without the drugs. Sometimes women who end up with an emergency c-section feel like they missed out on something, which is a shame. The end result is the important part - that baby in your arms!

I would like to warn the first time pregger folks: if you are inclined to get that epidural, don't wait too long like I did. When I got to the point where I wanted help, they told me it was too late. I found out later this is common, but I had no idea ahead of time. The epidural is to help you get to 10 cm, and you can't ask for it at the end (when you really, really want it).
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    I would like to warn the first time pregger folks: if you are inclined to get that epidural, don't wait too long like I did. When I got to the point where I wanted help, they told me it was too late. I found out later this is common, but I had no idea ahead of time. The epidural is to help you get to 10 cm, and you can't ask for it at the end (when you really, really want it).
    Hepcat that is great advice. I didn't realize that about an epidural. I will store this information

ETA: I weighed 13 lbs when I was born and half way through the birth, my mom had to be knocked out and I had to be pulled out with thongs.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

hep's right, I think you can get an epidural all the way up to 7 cm dialited. Anyone correct me if that's wrong. After that, you're on your own.

JD, you weren't preachy at all. Every delivery is different. Some easy, some difficult, some in the middle. We just glad you shared.

Closetnerd, my great nephew was huge like that. When he was 2 my niece would push him around in the stroller and people would make all sorts of comments to her about him being to old for a stroller, diapers, sippy cup, etc. She'd say "he just turned 2" and they wouldn't believe her. Today he is 9 and looks older than my 15 year old nephew. He's got to be at least 5'8".

When pregnant with my son, my Dr. told me not to have my heart completely set on one manner of delivery because once you're in labor, you never know what you may experience. She said until she had her own children she never understood the varying levels of pain that women go through during each delivery. I love my Dr. because she is so matter of fact and too the point.

Regarding the topic of enjoying pregnancy, I will admit to not being the glowing specimen right now. However, my baby is moving so much right now and there is nothing more wonderful than that feeling. It's especially moving for me since this is the last time I will be pregnant...I swear, it is the last time.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Sometimes women who end up with an emergency c-section feel like they missed out on something, which is a shame. The end result is the important part - that baby in your arms!

That was me add to that: I wasn't able to nurse (baby couldn't get a good latch) I felt like a total and complete faliure. I went to see the doc for a
    well-baby checkup and confessed all to her (mom of 4) and she said look... you had a hard labour and you ended up with a 10cm scar and 3 weeks of recovery - those wussies that go natural were up and walking within hours, they don't know what real pain is! we all know she was just trying to cheer me up but either way you deliver, the most important thing is a healthy baby.
    I said if we were back in the 1800 I wouldn't have been considered a very strong woman, she said if this was the 1800's you both would have died. How's that for a home truth?!
    If we were planning on a second one I'd schedule my c-section far in advance without a pang of guilt.
    Thank goodness for the advances in medical technology.

I craved water while I was pregnant
    I didnt have many aversions but fish, eggs and cooking meat were enough to send me outside for fresh air.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by applesauce
    Closetnerd, my great nephew was huge like that. When he was 2 my niece would push him around in the stroller and people would make all sorts of comments to her about him being to old for a stroller, diapers, sippy cup, etc. She'd say "he just turned 2" and they wouldn't believe her. Today he is 9 and looks older than my 15 year old nephew. He's got to be at least 5'8".
    wow! haha.. I wonder how big our son will be. A 6 foot mama and a 6'4 papa. Course we were both under 8 lbs at birth.. Just long, 22inches each.
    We don't know what genes DH has on his side because he's adopted.
    But my parent's were only 5'7 amd 5'8. I know the poor kid will always have shoe problems tho.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    ETA: I weighed 13 lbs when I was born and half way through the birth, my mom had to be knocked out and I had to be pulled out with thongs.
    I'm assuming you mean tongs. I'm picturing the doctor using a pair of thong undies to pull you out.

I'm enjoying everyone's stories, it's surprising how different every pregnancy is. J.D., if only more women could be birthing machines like you.

ClosetNerd, I don't think you should be carrying 50 lbs. of anything, should you? I buy dog food in 50 lbs bags, and I never carry it. The store does it for me (and I'm not even pregant ). Can't someone help you with that?
    Last edited by roseskid; 04-12-2005 at 04:35 PM.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

well, normally Husband carrys it but he was at work for many more hours
    and the poor dog needed to eat. We had sent her to my moms for a while
    with her dog food, and my mom had just given her back but kept the food :rolleyes Non PG I can carry it no problems at all. I'm pretty strong, or was... when we moved into our new apt recently I discovered how sapping being PG can be! I feel like a big strong-looking wimp-o

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    I'm assuming you mean tongs. I'm picturing the doctor using a pair of thong undies to pull you out.
    Roses , you never fail to crack me up!

+ Reply to Thread