+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 179 FirstFirst ... 454949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1786

Thread: Is anyone pregnant?

FORT Regular
    Okay, so now I am really confused. If anyone read my previous post, I didn't get my period and this is my first month off of birth control. So, Friday I took a test. It said I was pregnant. The line was faint, but it was definitely there, and my husband definitely agreed it was there. So, this morning, I took another test just to make sure before I called the doctor. Well, this test said negative. I know there are such things as false negatives, but are there such things as false positives? I really don't know what to do now because I am not sure anymore since the line was faint. Any suggestions or opinions?

p.s. i am sorry for venting here. It is almost like the only place to talk.

Tiny Rock, I hope this helps. I recommend you do another test in a couple of days and in the morning when your urine contains the most pregnancy hormones. I'm crossing my fingers for you.

How common is a false positive pregnancy test and what causes it?http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/falsepositive.html
    Home tests are usually 97% accurate when all instructions are followed correctly and the results are read on time.

False Positive Pregnancy Test Results and What Causes Them
    A false positive pregnancy test is when the test says that you are pregnant but actually you are not. This is a one off case and a positive pregnancy test is a pretty good indication that you are pregnant. False positive pregnancy tests are rare - though there are instances and conditions where they can occur.

There could be various reasons for a false positive test.

Chemical Pregnancy
    A chemical pregnancy is basically an early miscarriage. Research has shown that half of all first pregnancies end in miscarriage. Due to the high sensitivity of home pregnancy tests, many women catch early pregnancies but end up going on to have their periods due to a chemical pregnancy.

Missed Reaction Time
    For accuracy in home pregnancy tests it is essential that you read the test results in the stipulated reaction time. If you let the test sit for too long (after the instructions on the box tell you), the test is invalid. This may cause it to show false positive results.

Evaporation Lines
    While technically not a true pregnancy, some pregnancy tests leave a faint evaporation line as the urine crosses the test. This faint very light grey evaporation line in the test area is often interpretted as a positive result.
    AimStick pregnancy test strips have a very good reputation of NOT leaving evaporation lines and are much less expensive than brands you can buy in your local supermarket or drug store.

If you are not sure about your home pregnancy results it is recommended that you try again after a couple of days.

Tiny, yes! There are false positives. My friend had one recently.

Also, with my first two children, the lines were so faint you could barely see them. I didn't actually think I was pregnant but went to the doctor to make sure and I was. My sister had 3 tests that came up negative but she just knew she was pregnant...and she was right.

Either way, may you should just call your doctor, mention that you took two tests with two different results. They may have you come in to do a test and get you the real answer.

Good luck!

FORT Regular
    Thanks for all of the advice guys!! I will keep you updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyrock11 View Post
    Thanks for all of the advice guys!! I will keep you updated.
    I had a false positive once and started my period the following week.
    Goodluck to you and keep us posted. I had heard you can miss your first period after you get off the pill too. Again...goodluck!

I never dreamed I'd be making a post like this in this thread. I was going to wait until Iíd gone to the doctor but my appointment isnít for another four weeks. There's no way can I wait that long! Two home tests confirm that lil dago #3 is on the way!!! It was a bit of a surprise but now that the initial shock has worn off, itís starting to sink in and Iím getting excited. Iím guessing Iím about 4 weeks along after talking to my OBís office today.

Lily, my 4 year old, is ecstatic and canít stop talking about her new baby brother or sister. She keeps telling RJ, my 19 month old, that heís going to be a big brother. The funny thing is that last week, she came to me and said, ďWhen we get our new baby, our family will be huge.Ē I told her we weren't getting a new baby and it would just be me, Daddy, her, and RJ. Now she keeps telling me, ďSee, I told you!.Ē

Guess Iíll have a good excuse to go shopping now since Iíve given away almost all of my baby things.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Congrats, lildago!
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Premium Member
    Congrats lildago on the new lil dago.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    Guess Iíll have a good excuse to go shopping now since Iíve given away almost all of my baby things.
    It's amazing what some of us will do for an excuse to go shopping.

Awww, congrats, lildago. It makes me want to have another one. Good luck!
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    WoooHooo!!! That's fabulous news, lilpunkin.

+ Reply to Thread