+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 179 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone pregnant?

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    Okay, so here's another question.........did you crave anything strange?
    Fresh pineapple. Normally, I don't like it because it's so acidic, but I could have lived off pineapple while pregnant.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

applesauce-
    I am in the same boat with the red meat - I haven't ate red meat in 11 years and now I have to have it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    Okay, so here's another question.........did you crave anything strange?

Mashed potatos and hot dogs. Also Arby's roast beef sandwich and strawberry milkshakes. Could not look at, smell or eat chicken (which I usually eat two or three times per week) it would make me sick.

Ohh I'll second the fresh pinapple.
    I adore fruit of all types, but Pinaps was too acidic for me before PG.
    Lately I can't get enough Milk and Chocolate milk either...
    Nothing wierd or overwhelming tho.

I have more food aversions than anything. Chicken!
    I used to live off chicken, now I can't stand the stuff.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by veejer
    I too had a miscarraige before having my first child. I have two, aged 15 and 12. None of my pregnancies were totally miserable, but not pleasant either. Morning sickness ended at about week 13. I never threw up, just wished I would.

I'm the one to talk to though if you want an easy labor story. From start to finish about 7 hours total with both and not hard until the end. No drugs, just breathing and small episiotomies. And my second was over 9 pounds!!!

Uh oh - dueling pregnancy/labor stories. Two kiddles, both conceived the first month off the pill. No morning sickness.

First baby: somewhere between two or three hours in labor total, no drugs. Second baby: one hour total labor time, I was at the hospital 15 minutes before the baby came, but I did ride the whole way on just one cheek! No drugs. Everyone was in their street clothes, including myself and the doctor, who barely had time to catch baby Lori as he walked in the room!

I realize I was very lucky ~ if I could pass my good fortune to each mommy-to-be I'd sure do it. A natural birth is one of the most amazing experiences a mother can have, if possible, of course.

May all you expectant mommies be well, feel good and have a slick delivery. To those of you "working" to make a baby - practice, practice, practice!

I hope everyone is as blessed as I have been ~ motherhood is magical. And grandmotherhood is even moreso.

eta: oh yeah, I did keep a bag of fun-size Snickers bars hidden under the bed.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by astrogirl_2100
    it is the bible of fertility. I personally think every single woman should read it, no matter if they want to become pregnant or not, it also helps those who want to use natural birth control (there really are only a few days during your cycle where you can get pregnant, and the method in the book will help you pinpoint them).

I would disagree...I had the accidental pregnancy occur and I was being extremely careful....my OB then said toss that theory aside...you can get pregnant at anytime...every woman is different.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Ug The Frikkin Rudeness *vent*

I am so mad at the rudeness lately, but I decided that this is more PG related than Gnneral pet peeve so I'll put it here:.
    I've been honked at as I am in the crosswalk,
    The "PEDESTRIANS HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY CROSSWALK"

When I was shopping the other day this rude family parked their cart at the end of the row and started visiting so I could'nt get thru. So I had to push my way thru the racks and when my belly knocked some clothes on the floor they huffed about it.
    I was even told at Joanne Fabrics That "We do have a bathroom, but it is'nt for customers, you'll have to go to the grocery store at the other end of the plaza" WTF?! You don't tell a PG lady she has to waddle all the way to the other end of the plaza to pee because you WONT let her use your restroom! At the very least just lie and say you dont have one. Do you really think that hoodlooms are trying to pull a fast one on you at the Jo-Anne Fabric?

Yesterday I went to the grocery store because my Dog needed food.
    When I got there the only size bag they had left of her brand was almost 50 pounds. So I grabbed the bag and huffed and puffed to the register with it.
    The Checkout lady called the bag man over, so I thought Hooray! He's gonna
    carry it to the car for me! *I've seen them do it with much less* So I pay,
    he picks up the bag and OOF! Sticks it in my arms. Thanks a lot jerk, If I
    already have to carry it, I could have picked it up myself. On the way out
    of the store the Manager came in and saw me struggling to leave, I made eye
    contact with him and he just kept on walking. I felt so defeated.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

eny
    FORT Fogey
    So true . Ask the catholic contingent. Your body does not work like a clock it does what it wants. I was told I'd never had have kids at 18, and ended up with three including a set of twins. Of course I made sure the guy who delivered the no kids news was also the guy who took care of me while I was pregnant. When I came to him , and he looked at the twin ultrasound he said - you're trying to psyche me out aren't you? We just laughed.

I'm laughing at Stargazers description of the childbirth classes. So true. I went to about three then quit. Those people were really nutty. How ever you get through it is the "best way". Others shouldn't make you feel guilty like what you decide is wrong. If you want the drugs for labor- have the drugs, millions are born fine using them. If you don't that's great too. You don't get an extra mommy badge of honor for going without.

I craved club house sandwiches for my daughter , and chocolate for the twins. One of the twins is now a chocholic and the other hates it.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    My mother craved Dynomints (not sure if you guys ever heard of them since they don't make them anymore but they were like cinnamon tic tacs) with both my sister and myself. I can't get enough of hot spicy things. I used to eat Goulden's mustard off the spoon when I was a baby ( I chalk this up to my mom eating burny spicy things)
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I'm sorry if my post sounded preachy or like I deserve a badge of honor for not having any drugs during labor. That was not my intention, if I offended anyone, I'm sorry - I was just sharing a story.

I'll slink away now. Ooops.

+ Reply to Thread