+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How would you like your 15 minutes of fame?

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

How would you like your 15 minutes of fame?

I would love to get a free tv makeover where I got to travel to fashion capitals, get a complete new wardrobe, meet famous people and gets free gifts and maybe walk down a red carpet or two. I would have it recorded for history.

I don't care, just as long as it's not one of my neighbors telling a reporter: "...and he was always so quiet. Kept to himself and never bothered anyone. We never guessed!"
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Hahahahahah phat32...I was thinking the same thing. That and, "We knew she had cats, but we didn't know she had THAT many cats..."

Hmmm...15 minutes of fame. I'd definitely prefer it if I did something nice for someone else, but then again, I don't want attention for being a good human being.

Maybe I could have my 15 minutes for dating Matt Damon.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    I'd like my 15 minutes of fame lightly toasted with a sprinkle of nutmeg. Just kidding.

I'd like to have my 15 minutes be a positive influence on others. Something that would make other's lives better. I think that's probably a universal feeling.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    I'd use it to score with hot girls.

Nah, seriously, there really is something to be said for anonymity. I wouldn't want my every move being studied and scructinized by the media. I like being able to do what I want to do and go where I want to go without cameras following me everywhere.

Though I would still score with hot girls.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

I had a local-quasi 15 minutes of fan during the 80's when the dance club I worked at made a poster of me and it actually sold... well, to single guys, anyway. I had another anonymous 15 minutes when a restaurant used an impression of my lips to make a flyer for Valentine's day. What's up with the body parts thing? Anyway, now that I'm in my forties I would like to be known for something positive and uplifting. Since I'm a social worker I guess I'm famous to my clients anyway, so that'll have to be good enough. Unless I go crazy and rob a bank and take hostages or something.

I seriously have NO desire to be on TV at all. The only way I'd want to be on TV is if they were annoucing me as the winner of the largest jackpot in California lottery history!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I would rather not have 15 minutes or any other amount of fame...I prefer to stay under the radar. If it were going to happen I would hope it would be for helping someone in need.

Oh, and what Phat32 said!

I'd like my 15 minutes of fame to be from saving someone's life or something like that

I would take my 15 min on the coat tails of my son as he accepts his first grammy. It shouldn't take 15 minutes to thank me...more like 15 seconds.

I am pretty famous in this small town I live in - for volunteering a LOT of my time with the local school district as an assistant to the girls varsity soccer coach, parent committee, and on the board of education - that is sometimes more recognition than I like, but worth every minute.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast