+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How would you like your 15 minutes of fame?

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    I don't care, just as long as it's not one of my neighbors telling a reporter: "...and he was always so quiet. Kept to himself and never bothered anyone. We never guessed!"

Not to slam the thread topic, but its never occurred to me to wish for fame; and the only way I consider potential public recognition for myself or those I kid is right up the alley phat32 describes so well: making it onto the 10 O'clock news, and not in a good way.

By winning the lottery then fading back into obscurity.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

My first response was, 'over-easy'

I'm with Phat
    just as long as it's not one of my neighbors telling a reporter: "...and he was always so quiet. Kept to himself and never bothered anyone. We never guessed!"

Especially because they always have to throw in a woman's weight, and that's the last thing I want broadcast, "this --- pound woman. . ." Annoying.

But I like to bring unity and try to improve things, and I'm going to be a teacher, so I'd like some sort of 'making a difference' story if anything. BUt I also like to go by that quote in the Bible about giving anonymously, so don't care for too much fame, maybe 3-5 would be good

I'd like to find out that I'm God or an alien, it's a toss up.

I would like my 15 minutes of fame to be the news reports that, upon Bill Gates' demise, it is discovered that I am his sole beneficiary.
    "Nothing intoxicates some people like a sip of authority."

I would like my 15 minutes to be winning the largest lottery jackpot every. Then I would change my name and fade away quickly.

Either that or telling a TV reporter that Phat seemed like a really nice guy and I can't believe he would do that. And have it play on CNN headline news all day long.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    Either that or telling a TV reporter that Phat seemed like a really nice guy and I can't believe he would do that. And have it play on CNN headline news all day long.
    I could do that, too!

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    I seriously have NO desire to be on TV at all. The only way I'd want to be on TV is if they were annoucing me as the winner of the largest jackpot in California lottery history!

lol.....yeah me too!!!

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I would be more comfortable having my 15 be completely shallow. I may be cynical, but I hate when the media digs up old dirt and trash about someone who does a good deed (the Atlanta shooting hostage). If I were in the spotlight for something trite, hopefully the media would move on more quickly.

Phat32-

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    I would love to score with the hottest babes proving once again that its fame that gets the babes not that being a overweight, balding old bastard had anything to do with it....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast