+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OK help with recording??

OK help with recording??

I know this is a help site regarding this site and questions pertaining to such but, since I know a lot of people record shows I thought this would be the appropriate place to post this. Sorry if someone has to move it!

I have a t.v/vcr I like to tape stuff with and last time my daughter was home she must have pushed some button on the remote ? I don't know. I just went to set it up and it's not working. The recording light comes on but, it doesn't record. She doesn't know where the book is. Anyone know about these contraptions? (there is no vcr/tv button like on the other vcrs)

FORT Fogey
    I sure hope the book we downloaded helped! These things are so confusing.

My ex boyfriend was here visiting a while back (after we were exes) and he masterfully programmed my universal remote to do all kinds of tricks. It was as if the world when from black-and-white to color.

Then I sat on the darned thing and pressed some buttons and -- poof -- all those tricks don't work anymore.

So I know it's frustrating, and I hope you get your recorder back, JamiLee.

Jamilee, you might try going to the manufacturer's website to see if you can download the manual.

Good luck!

Thanks Apple and I've thanked Pom about 50 times! I got the manual thanks to Pom and tried to get it working. 52 pages
    I was hoping the vcr was locked (never knew you could lock them)
    I never got it to record. I'm thinking it's just broken as I tried everything.
    It is pretty old (about 4 years) my daughter lives at school so she won't care so long as she has a working tv with cable.
    I got another vcr going that had a tape stuck in it.
    thanks again!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by JamiLee
    Thanks Apple and I've thanked Pom about 50 times! I got the manual thanks to Pom and tried to get it working. 52 pages
    I was hoping the vcr was locked (never knew you could lock them)
    I never got it to record. I'm thinking it's just broken as I tried everything.
    It is pretty old (about 4 years) my daughter lives at school so she won't care so long as she has a working tv with cable.
    I got another vcr going that had a tape stuck in it.
    thanks again!
    Poor JamiLee!!! What a mess, huh? Darned machines. I'm glad you got that other VCR going, even though it had a tape stuck in it.

Darned machines. They're impossible for me to figure out sometimes. It's almost enough to make me want to get back together with that ex who's such a whiz at programming these contraptions. . . almost but not quite!

+ Reply to Thread