Closed Thread
Page 1 of 87 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Just How Stupid Are You?

Just How Stupid Are You?

Come on... admit it, you may not be stupid, but you sure as heck have done some stupid things.

I know I've made some Major Bonehead moves.. I'm not here to share them with you though... just a little one

I have three kids. Only two live at home, so although I am doing slightly less laundry ever week, I still do a LOT. Today was one of my laundry days. I decided to do the sheets and comforters... pretty much an all day job. I put a load in the washer and walk away... I clean some other stuff and go back later to put the stuff in the dryer... You may think something weird happened in that time. You're wrong. The washer was done and ready to go into the dryer. So far so good. The dryer though, was full of the last white load I had done (2 days ago). I grab as much of the load as I can. My plan being to carry it to the sofa where I can sit and fold the 10,785 socks (yes it's an odd number... it always is with socks). The problem is I dropped one of the socks on the floor in the laundry room. You may not think this is an actual problem, but on the floor there was a pile of dirty socks. Sooooo, how do I determine which is the clean one? I pick up a sock and.... SMELL IT! What the heck man? Now, being the lucky type person I am I happened to pick up the right sock, but what if I hadn't? I took a HUGE, DEEP smell. Why? Why did I do that?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Oh cali. This made me laugh. I usually end up doing something like that at least twice a day.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I was doing a laundry marathon a few weeks ago...

Step 1: Throw the first load in the washer
    Step 2: Throw the first load in the dryer and second load in the washer
    Step 3: Come into the Laundry room with the third load in the basket, Empty basket into a neat pile on the floor so that you can empty the first load out of the dryer into the empty basket
    Step 4: Move the second load to the dryer and start the washer for the third load. Note that some cloths from the second load can't go in the dryer. Take those and hang them on the rack in the other room to dry.
    Step 5: Take the clean Warm Cloths from the basket (Load 1) and throw them in the washing machine again.
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

Brodie, those were doubly fresh!

OK how about this? I took my kids to a night-time birthday party at Bright Child, one of those places with tubes, slides, and ball pits to play in. Everyone takes their shoes off to go in. At the end of the party, the whole group is marched to the door, handed their shoes and a party favor, and you go out the door.

So, I was with my 5 and 7 years olds. We left the party and walked 3 city blocks to the parking garage where we'd left the car and we went home. Two weeks later, my daughter came home from school with her sandals in a ziploc bag. The birthday-girl had given them to her! They had finally figured out who walked out of the party and left their shoes!

Yes, I walked my children through city streets, into a parking garage, and home, and never even knew that one of my kids was barefoot. I didn't even know the sandals were missing, until they were returned to me two weeks later. oops.

You all are too funny! Glad to know I'm not alone.

I'm one of those people who can't walk and chew gum at the same time - I just can't have distractions of any kind, otherwise I lose all functioning braincells. Anyway, the other day I was talking to a friend on the phone while emptying the dishwasher. I should have known better. I totally didn't realize the dishes in the washer weren't clean yet, and I was absentmindedly putting away dirty dishes. Once I realized what I done, I put ALL my dishes back in the dishwasher just to be sure I didn't miss anything.

I also can't do things when I'm in a hurry. The end result isn't pretty. Like the time I made koolaid, but was in such a rush that I forgot to add the sugar.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cali
    Sooooo, how do I determine which is the clean one? I pick up a sock and.... SMELL IT!
    Believe me, you are not alone!

I've been known to do stupid things but I forget them as soon as I can. My family never notices; why give them ammunition?

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    My most idiotic moments are a combination of utter stupidity, blind stubborness and sheer arrogance.

Prime example:

A few weeks ago, in the middle of the night, on vacation, hotel room, drunk and wanting nothing but sleep, I had to use the bathroom. After I was through, I noted that the roll of paper needed to be changed. There was a new roll in its wrapping behind the old roll. Instead of removing the finished roll and the retractable bar, Drunken Vica desired the swift removal of the new roll from behind the old and then disassmbling the old anyway. Why??? If I knew the answer to that, I wouldn't be here. Why in the world would I not dismantle knowing that I'd have to dismantle as a direct proponent of putting the new roll on???

Anyway, it was a struggle. Still, I would not give up. My best friend asks if I'm allright in there. I told her "NO!!! This thing won't come off! Come Here!" She does and then the two of us struggle mightily because now the new roll is half out. I give one more mighty yank before her cooler head (finally) prevails and she takes the old one off.

I wash my hands and go to bed only to freak out at the blood on the pillow! Why is there blood on the pillow?? Because my last mighty yank caused a nice rip on my knuckle! I didn't notice the pain, and the resulting blood, when I washed my hands, but when it started bleeding anew on my pillow as I tried to fall blessedly asleep it damn sure started to hurt!!!! Now I'm drunk, tired, frustrated and in pain! It won't stop bleeding! All because I'm a stubborn dumbass.

And I still have a slight mark on my finger, wonder if that's going to go away.

Great thread, cali!
    Last edited by VeronicaBelle27; 03-21-2005 at 01:01 PM.
    Could does not mean should

great stories! Sugarless koolaid

Malibu that shoe story is SO somthing I would do, and charlie, at least you realized before having someone over for dinner Veronica.... yes, another story where my name could be inserted and it would fit fine
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 87 123456789101151 ... LastLast