+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Hardest Part is the wait

Insert Funny "Quote" Here nofx242's Avatar

The Hardest Part is the wait

Have you ever ordered something and just hate haveing to wait for it. I'm waiting on my shinny new computer to arrive. Whats bad now is you can watch it online by tracking number. I ordered something before and you can see it sit in one place for a day and then go to a site further away, drives me nuts.

But oh well it should be here this weekend!

My wife thought I was a lunatic as I watched the components of my home theatre system inch their way closer to our house several years ago. I kept punching in those UPS tracking numbers, and I'd tell her which little burg our speakers were spending the night in and so forth.

I had the last laugh, though. Once I put the whole thing together and showed her the lobby scene in The Matrix, she forgave me all of my insanity.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Insert Funny "Quote" Here nofx242's Avatar
    Originally posted by Paulie
    My wife thought I was a lunatic as I watched the components of my home theatre system inch their way closer to our house several years ago. I kept punching in those UPS tracking numbers, and I'd tell her which little burg our speakers were spending the night in and so forth.

I had the last laugh, though. Once I put the whole thing together and showed her the lobby scene in The Matrix, she forgave me all of my insanity.
    Why is it always the lobby scene I played the same part for my dad. Then when I went to my friends new system a few weeks back it was right to that part. Anouther good one is the first 15 minutes of saving private ryan

Leo
    Premium Member
    Yeah, I know the feeling. The worst part is the worrying about whether it's been stolen or not.

I ordered a FORT T-shirt earlier this week and UPS tried to deliver it yesterday while the kiddos and I were napping. I got the little sticky thing on my door. Last time they just stuck it in my mailbox. This time they want a signature. I just want my shirt.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

because the lobby scene is the best part.

You are correct, Sher!

There's directional sound all over the place with shells hitting the tile floor and so forth. It's an excellent scene to demonstrate the full power of your home theater system. And, yeah, those first fifteen minutes of Private Ryan are good, too. Mortar rounds starting off in front of you and whistling into the background, where they explode and trigger the subwoofer. Very, very cool.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

i played the matrix the other night on our surround sound system. i always start with that scene first then go back and watch the entire movie.

+ Reply to Thread