+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Happy St. Patrick's Day

FORT Fan

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Curious to know if anybody has any plans for the day?
    I'll be going to a local pub listening to Irish music. NO green beer for me. I'll be drinking Guinness. (one time a year I can suffer with it).

If you're going out Be safe in your travels.

Last edited by Marleybone; 03-17-2006 at 02:07 PM. Reason: colored text

I'm cooking up corned beef & cabbage now for myself and 2 of my friends. It was going to be done last night, but I, uhhhh, sorta dozed off watching tv and ended up burning the schnookies out of it, so I'm doing it again this morning before I head off to work. Thankfully the corned beef was a super special discount from our meat manager at work cause it was on it's last sell day so I had plenty of it (three briskets of it actually that have been in the freezer waiting for today). I was up right at 7 when the stores opened this morning getting another stock up of veggies and it should be done within another hour or so.

I don't have any plans for the day cause I'll be holding down the fort tonight at work and then coming home to a nice Irish style dinner. (my friends that I'm cooking for will stop by later since they have a key and pick theirs up so they don't have to wait for me to get done at 9 to eat)

For all those heading out to celebrate tonight, please be careful! HAPPY ST PATTY'S DAY!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    No plans for today. But last Saturday was a huge parade that we always go to . The bars open at 7 am and everyone is out and about that day.

Anyone who is going out tonight, be safe, have fun, and have a beer for me

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!!!!
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Corned beef is headed for the crockpot in a few minutes. I'm not a fan, but it's something I promise to make for my hubby once a year. So I'll be having a salad and some macaroni and he'll be eating CB & cabbage (yuck - the SMELL!) and boiled potatoes and carrots. He's beyond excited - he's giddy!

No other plans except to pack for our weekend away in Vermont skiing!!!

Up at 6 to get the corned beef, potatoes and carrot in the crockpot (cabbage to be added 2 hours before dinner, provided my beau remembers) LOVE it - but for some reason I only cook it for St. Patrick's Day. Got to pick up some fresh, heavy bread and Guiness on the way home.

I'm not Irish, but my beau is. My daughter HAD to be dressed all in green today, of course. Too cute.

Happy St. Patricks Day to all those celebrating, and, echoing sweetdream's sentiments, please don't drink and drive.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    ....he'll be eating CB & cabbage (yuck - the SMELL!) and boiled potatoes and carrots.....
    Oh Marybeth, you can't even imagine the smell here....try burning it to the bottom of the pot cause all the water boiled out while you were snoozing! And go figure it's freakin pouring outside so I can't even open my windows and let the smell out.

Why DO American's go mad over St Patrick's Day!! Really weird!!
    Seriously it's not that big a deal with me. Just another working day! To be honest in the community where I live it's largely perceived as a "Republican" celebration. Sad, but true unfortunately.
    PLEASE check out your local news coverage about Robert McCartney. I'll not go into details, but his sister's are the bravest women.
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

I don't understand the "madness" over St. Pat's day either, Belfastgirl. I call it "Rookie night, Part II(part I being New Years Eve). It seem like a lot of people look at it as an excuse to go out, get blotto, and be obnoxious. Me? I avoid that scene at all costs.

I have read abouit Robert McCartney and his sisters. Although, I am still not really clear on what is going on there.

But Happy St. Pats day to those of you celebrating! Have fun, but please be safe!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Well, I'll be wearing green and drinking a green beer later. And I just remembered to water the shamrock plant I bought the other day. I hadn't planned for supper yet, but corned beef and cabbage is sounding mighty tasty!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Libra, what a wonderful friend you are to not only cook a special meal for your friends, not once, but twice, and then not even be able to eat it with them. What time should I stop by?

Belfastgirl, my father was born and raised in Ireland, and he used to say the same thing. But I began cooking corned beef and cabbage every St. Pat's day when Lil Rose was little, and she and I love it. Mr. Rose hates it, but suffers through without much complaint.

When she was around four, I would mess her room a little, and leave little green construction paper footprints going out her window, and she was always as intrigued by that as Santa. When she wondered why the leprechauns didn't visit her friends, I told her it was because their grandfathers hadn't lived in Ireland. I'm not sure what I would have done if she had a friend whose grandfather had lived in Ireland.
    Last edited by roseskid; 03-17-2005 at 01:22 PM.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast