+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Happy St. Patrick's Day

Premium Member
    Some of the bars in Omaha opened at 6 am today. I still haven't been to the "Marleybone" yet, they were open bright and early this morning. There is a giant green shamrock painted in the street right in front of the bar. You could go at 6 am, eat Lucky Charms and drink Guiness and not feel bad about yourself.

Remember: Don't give our dogs GREENIES! Today, or ever!

Think I'll have a Drink of BAILEY'S IRISH CREAM. Or two. and open a can of Irish Stew for supper.

My ex was from Ireland, but he's now married with 5 kids and lives on the other side of the country, so it's probably not a good idea to call him up for a green beer. NOT.

HAPPY ST. PADDYS.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    Some of the bars in Omaha opened at 6 am today. I still haven't been to the "Marleybone" yet, they were open bright and early this morning. There is a giant green shamrock painted in the street right in front of the bar. You could go at 6 am, eat Lucky Charms and drink Guiness and not feel bad about yourself.
    Marleybone.. tsk tsk! :nono Exactly a year ago you told us about this place and you STILL haven't been there?? You pull up your boot straps and getcherself a green beer. That's an order missy!

Well, I'm at home..all alone cuz the better half had to work!
    No matter..I'm happy to have a couple of Newcastles and Guiness for later. I'm sporting my new St Patrick's Day shirt which was just gifted to me yesterday.. all green shirt with a four leaf clover and O'hurley above it.
    We're not going to go anywhere..just stay in and have a delicious filet mignon dindin!

Be safe everyone and most importantly.. don't forget to kiss your Irishman/Irishwoman in your life!!
    Last edited by Maveno; 03-17-2006 at 07:57 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella_DeVil View Post
    Happy St. Patty's to ALL! All prep work done for a corned beef and cabbage (yeah, taters and carrots too) dinner here.
    Try cooking up 2 cases of cabbage, 75 lbs of potatoes, 50 lbs of carrots and slicing up 15 corned beef briskets and see if you still want to eat some. We got our butts kicked at the restaurant today. I don't care to see any corned beef and cabbage for quite awhile.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    Marleybone.. tsk tsk! :nono Exactly a year ago you told us about this place and you STILL haven't been there?? You pull up your boot straps and getcherself a green beer. That's an order missy!
    I know, I know. It's down in a part of town that I never go to. Every year on St. Patrick's Day I think of it but never during the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    Try cooking up 2 cases of cabbage, 75 lbs of potatoes, 50 lbs of carrots and slicing up 15 corned beef briskets and see if you still want to eat some. We got our butts kicked at the restaurant today. I don't care to see any corned beef and cabbage for quite awhile.
    Oh gosh, Unk. I can't imagine the smell. I'm an Irish gal that loves corned beef but can't stand cooked cabbage.

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! Be safe tonight.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

So, today I order delivery from my favorite Greek (yes, GREEK!)restaurant/pub. It takes over an hour, and when I inquire as to WHY, the delivery guy informs me that they have a standing room only crowd for the corned beef and cabbage special......???? Am I missing something here?
    Go Tigers!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Doubt I'll be on tomorrow, so I'm dragging up these ole threads today!

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Oy - must dig through the pantry and find the green food coloring.
    Count your blessings!

MRD
    Happy St. Paddy's to you all, lass and lassie.

We are going to a free street festival tomorrow. Celtic music, dancing, food, green beer, etc. (the food and beer isn't free, but the festival itself is, so we can go have a good cheap time! Another reason I love it here).

I can't wait. Should be a lot of fun. I almost bought a green hat for hubby and me to wear. They were in front of the grocery store on a half off table. But he wouldn't wear it and my daughter would be embarrassed if I wore it.
    Everything I do embarrasses her, may go back and get the hat anyway!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast