+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Happy St. Patrick's Day

I'd love to know once and for all which is correct or maybe it doesn't matter?
    Whether it matters depends on how much green beer you drink I'd GUESS that Paddy would be correct, but the closest that I come to being Irish is a Scottish grandmother.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
    I just moved to Savannah, GA which puts on one heck of a festival. I had partied here a few times before and was elated when I found out I'd be moving here.

Having been to Boston and Chicago for St. patty's Day, I'd say Savannah blows those two away big time.
    If you decide to partake in the festivities this year, check-out http://www.savannahnow.com/stpats/ or http://files.wtoc.com/cdg/st_pats06/...trick_2006.pdf
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 03-16-2006 at 12:54 PM.

my husband and his parents moved here from waterford when he was 13, and they celebrate like crazy. so we will be at their house for dinner, drinks, traditional music, and tall tale after tall tale about the good old days.
    Happy St. Patricks everyone!!

No plans. Don't know any Irish. Have fun celebrating everyone!

Attachment 16716 It's not easy being green........
    Last edited by misskitty; 08-30-2006 at 03:00 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    No plans. Don't know any Irish. Have fun celebrating everyone!
    Do what I do misskitty - just put on some green undies!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

St. Patrick's Day is a very special day for our family. My husband and I were married on this date and we're celebrating our 33rd (yes, it's true) wedding anniversary. We're excited about it. We chose this date for several reasons: 1. my maiden name is Irish, 2. it's square between our birthdays, (Our birthdays each have a 7 in it, and of course St. Patrick's Day does too.) and 3. it's an easy day to remember for my husband--hehe.

Of course, we'll be wearing the green. What else do you wear, really? And we'd be a 'going out-of-town to celebrate, don't ya know.

To fellow posters: HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
    I just moved to Savannah, GA which puts on one heck of a festival. .
    Welcome to Jawja, Speedy! I haven't been to Savannah in a couple of years, but isn't it neat? I do hope you have good AC though; it won't be long before you need it!
    I'll have to work all weekend, but I'll be thinking about green beer and all that Enjoy the festivities, everyone!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Queenb - ha! Green avatar. Nice touch. I'm wearing a kelly green tank top under a zebra striped cardi with a crocheted shamrock pin. For the first time in 20 years the leprechauns forgot to pee in our toilet (turning the water green). Oh well, it will be St. P's day all day long... maybe later.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Wishing my FoRT family a Happy St. Patricks Day. Please be safe if you are going out to celebrate.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Chairman of the Bored Cruella_DeVil's Avatar
    Happy St. Patty's to ALL! All prep work done for a corned beef and cabbage (yeah, taters and carrots too) dinner here. The kids and grand kids all coming by to eat. Those of you who will be out celebrating on the town... have a great time, be safe and don't drink and drive!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast