+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Happy St. Patrick's Day

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    and FINALLY.... one of my favorite jokes;

An Irishman, Englishman and Scottsman go into a pub
    and each order a pint of Guinness...
    One of my favorites too! David O'Hara told that joke in the movie Crossfire Trail. *fan fan fan* Mmmmmmm...David O'Hara. Come to think of it, I think I like him more than the joke. Um, pretty sure he's Scottish. He always seems to play an Irishman though.

Happy St. Patty's Day everyone!
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

I took off early from work, donned my colossal green beads, and headed to The Brick, then off to Magoo's. Then rush to get to the bus in time to take it home. Our local leprechaun had not danced on the bar yet when we left The Brick, since he was having trouble getting the music coordinated. But, I'm his new best friend, since I gave him a set of colossal green beads.

When we got to Magoo's, someone said "Those are the beads I have to have, I saw them on the leprechaun!"

"Yes, they're surgically enhanced, that's why they're so firm"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

Premium Member
    There's a bar in Omaha called "The Marleybone" that we've always thought it would be fun to go to on St. Patrick's day.

FORT Fan
    Its been almost a year since I made this thread. Time sure does go by so quickly.

Two years ago this week I was in Ireland. In a few months I'll be back in Ireland.

Still giggle at the thought when people say in Ireland the locals don't celebrate like Americans do. *giggles* Oh they celebrate! I just couldn't find a green beer anywhere.

BUT.. in every pint of Guinness I had.. the bartender made a little clover in the beer.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I'm so glad you posted in this thread, I was going to do the same thing sweetdreams, but didn't cuz it wasn't here yet (17th).

I'm WAY jealous of you btw. Hope you have a GREAT time this year in Ireland..have fun!!!!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

giz
    I've been wearing green all week! I want to go to the Irish pub in town on Friday night, but can't get a sitter. I will, however be making soda bread and colcannon. I was thinking of salmon, but I suspect that unless it's in sushi my kids won't eat it. (we live on the west coast and I try salmon all the time, but they've taken against it this year after years of scarfing it down. My daughter will eat it on a bagel, but unless it's lox or sushi forget it). Sushi is green on the outside, but I've got a feeling that won't really cut it!

My city holds a huge parade and turns one of the fountains green for the week. I don't know if they use dye still or maybe they just use lights now. I used to go to the parade but parking has gotten so bad and finding a good spot to see the parade is hard. Die hard parade watchers camp out in the wee early hours of the morning and I'm just not that dedicated

I might wear green since I have a few St. Pat's shirts from past years.

Question: - if you want to shorten the name for St. Patrick's day, do you use St. Patty's or St. Paddy's? Some people around here say you should use Paddy because it's male and not Patty which is female. But the local paper usually uses "Patty". I'd love to know once and for all which is correct or maybe it doesn't matter?
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 03-15-2006 at 10:45 PM.

I live about one hour from Savannah, Georgia, where they are known for having one the largest St. Patrick's Day festivals ever, and I have NEVER been! Go figure. Anyway, this is my favorite holiday for one reason- NO GIFTS REQUIRED! (and it's a license to drink without reprimand! As long as you don't drive, that is!)
    Go Tigers!

I'll be in San Francisco for St. Patrick's Day, so I'm sure we'll be celebrating in some way.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I just moved to Savannah, GA which puts on one heck of a festival. I had partied here a few times before and was elated when I found out I'd be moving here.

Having been to Boston and Chicago for St. patty's Day, I'd say Savannah blows those two away big time.
    Last edited by speedbump; 03-16-2006 at 09:25 AM.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast