+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: What do you hate about the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by GlitterxGold
    I got called a b!tch last night from a little 19 year old punk from New York! (yeah, "punk" is in his screename). I rarely get on AIM because of him. I talked to him for a while and he was pretty cool until he started bothering me to show him pics of my uh "goodies" and I wouldn't. I blocked him but he has Trillion or some device that lets him be online with like 20 different screenames at once and he im'd me from another name and said "OMG ARE YOU BLOCKING ME!!! WHY!?!??!" Ugh. He im'd me last night 2 seconds after I logged on and when I didn't respond right away, he got furious and informed me that I was a biotch and he will be "BLOCKING ME! EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY!". LOL oh noes! Please don't!
    Ew. I had someone like that bother me too. It's so annoying. Actually, you can change your settings to block everyone not on your list, you may want to try that. It's a nice filter.

As other posters have said, I also hate messages written all in CAPITALS.

Another thing I hate... those stupid AIM smileys. The big ones, to be specific. They're so ugly. And I hate that stupid sound that goes off every time you send or receive a message. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    AND USE EXCESSIVE PUNCTUATION!!!????!!!!!

Ug. My idiot mother in law does this. And she was a teacher! The worst part is, that she is so punctuation heavy, that she actually throws question marks and exclamation points into the middles of sentances where they don't belong!!

I always feel like calling her and talking to her in exactly the same way she emails "Hey Linda?!?!?!?! Do you want to watch Ash today??????????????? I have some Christmas shopping to do!!! and it would be faster without him!! I could bring him by around Noon???? if that's OK with you????"
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I have all of my AIM sounds turned off. It's especially useful when one of the people on my buddy list decides to be funny and signs on and off repeatedly. I hardly go on AIM anymore, though. I got sick of not being able to do my homework.
    Gustav Holst was right!

I hate the fact that on the internet people don't get to know you and vice versa, so things get taken out of context and you don't know who is trustworthy and who is not.

Online Poker!
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    I'll admit to a fondness for the punctuations (?!). All capitals is annoying, and it backfires, because it screams at you "read me", and that's actually the last thing it makes you want to do.

People can be mean at other sites, I agree with that too. I like FORT because, with so many posters...no one voice can overshadow or dominate. It's easier to ignore someone when their "voice" is among thirty or so other voices. Trying to ignore a rude person in a group of ten or so is much harder to do. It is depressing how mean some people can be though. FORT is also great because you can get so many different takes on players and strategies. I love reading how others perceive things, whether I agree with them or not. But if someone is only interested in trash talking a contestent, they get old real fast.

My only pet peeve is when someone states an opinion, which is why they're here...and then I state an opposite opinion and it get's put up in quotes so someone can reiterate what they've already said. What the heck is that about?!

"...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Spam. I got an email from Lindsay Lohan today with the subject "David." I deleted it. Even if it was from the real Lohan I doubt it would be worth reading.

MRD
    THat through the internet I've managed to make some very nice friends that live too far from me for me to meet them in person. Some of them sound like they'd be fun to hand out and do things with if we lived closer.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;1671094;
    I always feel like calling her and talking to her in exactly the same way she emails "Hey Linda?!?!?!?! Do you want to watch Ash today??????????????? I have some Christmas shopping to do!!! and it would be faster without him!! I could bring him by around Noon???? if that's OK with you????"
    This is toooooooo!!!!!funny!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

(joke)

That is funny though.

I hate all the freaking pop-ups that pop up.

I ABSOLUTLY hate pop-ups!

+ Reply to Thread