+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: What do you hate about the internet?

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I had no trouble getting in, i use the links i leave when i log off.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I couldn't go to the forum at first. Then I remembered that I subscribe to some threads. So I went to my email, and they took me here.

I came in to see the FORT hacked. Jeez, why hack a place like this?

It might have been a vBulletin exploit. I know there have been quite a few with phpBB, but I haven't heard about any recent ones for vB. It's kind of a pain to access anything right now, but I suppose, now really isn't the best time, is it?

Added: Looks more like someone (Al-Hack?) was able to get into the server directly, as the picture at the top of the forums seems to point right to the server. Someone either knew a password, or was able to hack an admin password to the server, then.
    Last edited by Neo-Gilgamesh; 03-18-2005 at 04:42 PM.

So It's not my computer!!! I was just checking.

I couldn't get in at first so I went to Google and typed in Fans Of Reality TV + Amazing Race 7. It worked and here I am, and I bookmarked the Competition shows and Off Topic forums.
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

Premium Member
    Have you ever been to a site where there is a little message that attaches itself to the pointer so that whenever you move the mouse it follows the pointer all over the screen? I came across this a couple of times on eBay and found it so annoying... almost made me dizzy.

oh... and count me in as one of the ellipses addicts... but I do try to control myself...

And another thing... I hate HACKERS.

I believe that Hackers should be hog tied and forced to watch old episodes of 70s shows that didn't make it ... over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over !!

I was ready to pick up my weapon and hunt down the mangy dawg(s) that attacked Fort. Last week my crossword help site was hacked, now Fort.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I have a lot of pet peeves when it comes to the Internet, and if this makes me a misanthrope, so be it, but I don't care for e-greeting cards at all.

If you're aware it's my birthday, and if you have my personal address and want to send me a greeting card, great. I'm flattered and happy that you went to the trouble.

However, if you don't know my home address, or only know me casually, then send me a brief email, private message or instant message.

That would mean more to me than a Web site with a picture of the Sierra Nevada mountains and a midi of Danny Boy playing in the background.

1) If you haven't looked it up on Snopes, and it won't kill me in the next 30 days, don't include me on your distribution list.

2) "Reply All" is the work of the devil.

3) I use IM for work, not for play.

4) If you offer something for free, but then require registration to view it, you've just lost a "customer".

Quote Originally Posted by John
    4) If you offer something for free, but then require registration to view it, you've just lost a "customer".
    Completely agree. I'm especially put-off when it's one of those photo sites.

When I get an email like, "Hey! Come see my photos here!" I think, "Okey," and browse on over.

If I'm prompted to register or create an account before I can view the photos, well, guess what? I ain't going to view the photos. What's the point of making me register so that I can view photos of a friend's vacation to Connecticut?

This isn't the most annoying thing to me, but it just happened not too long ago.

I always have my sound on because I listen to music on my computer, and I hate when I go to sites that have those damn "shoot the papparazzi" adds where that guy keeps taking pictures and you actually hear it...over and over and over. I have to hit refresh (sometimes multiple times) just to get a different, silent add on top of the page.

+ Reply to Thread