+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Things I Want

Two to many I always say. My daughter is 13 and my son will be 12 in 2 weeks.

Don't get me wrong, I love my kids and I am a very good mother but...
    I have been a single parent for 12 1/2 years with no help whatsoever from their father and my son has some mental health issues that are sometimes very difficult to deal with.

No need to throw a Summer pity party, I have done it so long that I have pretty much learned to deal with anything.

It will just be nice to have my own space and to be able to clean something and come back later to find it still clean! And to paint and landscape and all that other home stuff.
    Watch out, It's a stampede!

My 3-year-old son is terrified of dogs. When he sees a dog, he immediately starts reciting this defensive phrase, "I like small dogs and medium dogs, but not big dogs." Nice sentiment, but it's complete baloney. He fears all dogs, regardless of their size.

Our friends put their big Dalmatian and their black Lab in the bathroom when we come over and visit so they won't scare my son. Couple weeks ago, the kids were running through our friends' house as they played, and my little boy opened the bathroom door. Of course, the dogs came thundering out, and he freaked out.

My wife and I got him calmed down and everything, and the dogs didn't hurt him. They're very nice dogs, actually, just a little exciteable around other people. Now I know I shouldn't, but I thought that whole thing was hilarious. The fact that my dog-fearing son actually released the hounds is so funny to me. It must have been like opening the door to Hell for him.

Poor little guy.

Anyway, we don't have a dog.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Paulie! After that story I keep hearing Jerry Seinfeld on his Amex commercial saying "Release the hounds!"

My son has not yet learned to fear dogs. He things that they all want him to walk up and pet them. Or, as he does it - smack them up side the head.

ahh, summer... that would be tough. i believe we've spoken of that before. my bf's daughter has lived with us for the past 2 summers and she is ADHD. terribly draining and very difficult on me, so i can't even imagine full time mom with no break as 2-3 months wears me out.

for summer

also, paulie... since you can't have a dog, is there anything you want?

i want a month off from work with pay and no responsibilities, to spend my time as i like.

i also want to be debt free
    and healthy
    and wealthy
    and wise.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Look at Sher trying to steer the thread back to the original, not-just-dogs topic. Well done!

I want to win LOTTO. Part of my winnings would go towards covering expenses for my favorite FORT folk to attend a FORTCON somewhere. Like, maybe a certain chateau in France.

FORT Fanatic
    After summer's post:

I want to never have kids.

Actually it wasn't just summer's post, but whenever I see things like that I thank my lucky stars I don't have any kids, and never will.

The other thing I want is to work at my dream job and to find the perfect place to live. You know, just the little things

me too, jill. me too.

It's funny because during high school I was always the one who said I never wanted kids. I worked in day cares and liked kids, just never wanted any of my own. Then I met their father and we said how beautiful our children would be if we ever did have kids and BAM, I found out I was pregnant about a month later.
    All I can say is always use protection and don't ever forget to take that pill, not even one time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Watch out, It's a stampede!

I want to win the lottery, and then plant my butt in front of the computer for 18 hours a day chatting with my buds here.

Well, maybe a laptop, so I can hook up the sat-phone and connect from the deck of my 80-foot sailboat in the middle of the Atlantic.

me too, john. me too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast