+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best Super Bowl Commercial?

I didn't watch Alias, Ducky, but I got the impression that I should have. Honestly, I've heard the show is terrific, but for some stupid reason, it's never made it onto our radar at home.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Oh man. Last night was THE best episode of Alias, ever. Hence all the Jen Garner ads. We've been trying to get Jodaar to wear Vaughn for a while but he won't. *shakes fist*

Insert Funny "Quote" Here nofx242's Avatar
    How about the movie ads, Im so hyped to see both Matrix sequals. I missed the Hulk one, but Ill catch it online later.

The Hulk actually looked kind of stupid to me. But the Matrix ones looked good.

I forgot about Terry Tate, Office Linebacker. That was definitely the best.

Runners-up include: The guys carrying the refrigerator, the Pepsi Twist with the Osbournes, the zebra referee, and the Sierra Mist commercial where the guy grabs his boxers out of the freezer (it was only on during the pregame show). The seashell one was a Bud commercial (there's another seashell one that's for Red Lobster, but they're not the same).

Insert Funny "Quote" Here nofx242's Avatar
    Has anyone ever been to adcritic.com I used to go there alot. Just tried today and now its a pay site. Who is going to pay to watch TV commercials?

Sleeping with George W
    Originally posted by Paulie
    Terry Tate, Office Linebacker. Holy guacamole, I was laughing so hard I could hardly breathe. We need a guy like that at my work
    Loved this commercial! If we had Terry Tate at our office, I'd be the solitaire playing guy ... except I'd get tackled after posting something to FORT.

I didn't see the Terry Tate one. I love the dachshund commercial, but I'd seen it before the Super Bowl. Of the ones that were new during the game, I liked the one with the Osbournes.

The ABC station I was watching on was cutting to local commercials so I didn't see any of the ones you're talking about.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I didn't see the Sprint Dachshund commercial during the game here in St. louis either and I watched all of them.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I LOVED the zebra ref commercial so much I watched it 3 times on Tivo. My husband and I were both laughing so hard we couldn't breathe.

The only complaint I have about it was the final statement "it's a zebra." Duh...we knew that and it was too obvious that that's what was coming. I think they could have left the cowboys COMPLETELY out of the commercial and it would have been much better. Or at least let the one guy say, "this guy's a jackass" and then the other guy could just nod or something. They went one step too far in my opinion (just like they do in movies these days).

The look on the horses faces while they were standing around was priceless. I'm laughing just sitting here typing thinking about it. Also loved the beginning when you weren't quite sure what was going on. Reminded me of the first time they showed the frog "Bud-weis-er" commercial. That was funny, but only the first series of airing. After that it was really old really fast.

Anyway, loved the zebra. I'm still laughing.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast