+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: What I like about myself

Leo
    Premium Member
    Two things: my intelligence - it may not show up in my grades, but I'm pretty fair in the brains department, I think.

The other thing is my honesty. I try to say the truth at all times - even if it gets me into trouble sometimes.

I tend to be funny and friendly. I listen to people. I tend not to get angry. I'm usually pretty pleased with how life is going.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I like that I can make people laugh.

I like that my kids are always excited to see me (for now ).

I like my eyes.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

jin
    I guess what I like best about myself has to do with the biggest lesson I had to learn. I learned not to ever let what others do or say affect how I feel about myself. That feels GOOD!
    That would be a good thing for them to cut on my tombstone: Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment.
    Dorothy Parker

What I like about myself. Let me see. I like the fact that I always try to have an open mind and see both sides to situations. I like that I have gone from being very materialistic over the years to where I am at right now, enjoying the simpler pleasures of life. I like that I am finally comfortable with the way I am, as I am, and have given up trying to impress my family and friends, because that is such a waste of energy. That's it I guess.

I'm a genuinely nice guy, almost to a fault. I'm not the smartest or funniest or anything, but I always say please & thank you & treat people with respect.

FORT Fanatic
    Very good idea for a thread!

jodaar, too bad you are taken
    very good thought itismetip! well done.

I like that I am very independent and capable, and can accomplish just about anything on my own(and have, thus far). I think it affords me a lot of freedom to make decisions and have experiences that most people won't be able to have.

I like that I am a very forgiving and understanding person. I have learned to let go of disappointment in my friends, family and self. I have learned to forgive myself and others. When I do something ridiculous, instead of regretting it and beating myself up over it; I file it away as a lesson to draw from and then move on. I try to be as genrous with my family and friends as I am with myself in that respect. We are all human and fallible. Live and Learn.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

I like that things bounce right off my back. I can be in a heated arguement and two minutes after it is over it as if it never happened to me.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Hmmmm... I like the fact that I can have fun basically whatever I'm doing wherever I am, always can make the most out of anything. I also like that I'm a peacekeeper, I can't stand confrontations at all which to some may seem a bit weak, but it's made me a stronger person to be able to deal with things and manage to keep peace. Physically: I LOVE my forearms (I know sounds wierd) because they are strong and I like to watch the muscles in them when I'm working. I like my green eyes a lot, as well as my hair when the color is right. I also really like the freckles all over my shoulders and chest.

+ Reply to Thread