+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adoption for the sake of saving one's marriage...

Good point springkey.

Children bring their own set of pressures to a marriage.
    If you don't have a strong marriage to begin with it's highly doubtful a child will make it stronger imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    my wife's kids, both, did this, and now they both are not with the people they married, so so much for having kids to save a marrage, the kids are living in broken homes.

is the adoption successful?
    i mean..the 'person-in-charge" wouldn't allow someone to adopt a child just because she wants to save a marriage right?
    each time one loves is the only time one ever love...differences of object merely intensify the passion

Originally posted by springkey
    is the adoption successful?
    i mean..the 'person-in-charge" wouldn't allow someone to adopt a child just because she wants to save a marriage right?
    In a private adoption, there is no "person in charge". In an adoption through an agency, someone might be able to weed out people who wanted to adopt for the wrong reasons. But if you have enough money, you can go anywhere to get a baby. Sadly there is always a baby somewhere that someone doesn't want for the right amount of money.

(of course on the flip side, a single person can raise a baby, and if that baby would not have had a home otherwise then clearly adopting is a good thing. But you should adopt because you want to raise a child with love, care and attention, not because it may save a marriage)
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

lol_its_fun
    Originally posted by Leo
    Very selfish of her. Whoever it is, I'd think less of her afterwards.
    The "Pretty Woman"

It's Julia? I can't believe it.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12