+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how bad do you spoil your pet?

just above the horizon, but below the ozone

how bad do you spoil your pet?

I have to admit mine are spoiled to the max. I have a male mini-aussie and a female standard aussie and a female basset hound that I rescued.

the male aussie is just plain spoiled, rides in my wife's lap in the truck and sits in her lap when she is on the couch, plus all the pieces of food she feeds him at dinner time

the female aussie is spoiled just for the fact that she has cushings disease and so we take care of her and she sleeps on the bed with me

the basset we spoiled bad to make her feel welcome, now when she comes in she give a little woof, if I don't pay attention to her. also if I am in bed, and she comes in, she whines loudly till I put her in bed with me and the wife has to hand feed her her food or she wont eat. no me, she staves or eats when i put the bowl down. I do draw the line at that.

how about you all, any confessions of the spoiled pets?

FORT Fogey
    Oh its sad,, I have one of those little teeny yorkies, 2lbs on a full stomach! She has her own crocodile skin carrier that looks like a hip purse, she gets groomed every week w/the cute bows etc..
    She has a little doggie car seat (leopard print) when my BF and I go in his plane we strap her in and she goes flying too! She sleeps w/me and she has a tiny little doggie leopard coat that matches me and my daughter. She is pretty spoiled I would say. Very sweet for sure.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Originally posted by firegirl
    she gets groomed every week w/the cute bows etc..

NNNOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

NOT THE BOWS, PLEASE NOT THE BOWS!!!!!!!!

FORT Fogey
    yep its the bows,, sometimes there are even two one in each ear. In case you missed the photo at Christmas here is another shot!

[IMG]images/stor/Bailey and Daisy close up.jpg[/IMG]

Geez after reading this I don't spoil my dog and cat enough.

Our 12 year old yellow lab loves our loveseat. To the point if the kids are sitting on it, she will stand by them and whine until they get off and she can sit there. Most nights I end up sleeping on the couch because she sleeps between my husband and I. She keeps pusing me with her feet (never him) until I move around 2am or so. I tried pushing her off the bed but she sits and whines to get back on. She just started doing this in the last year, I think her joints are sore and she can't curl up like she used to.

The cat doesn't think she is spoiled enough. She does have her own drinking glass, an old fashion glass that is part of a matching set. I'm sure she would like a fine crystal wine glass but that is too tall for her. I will carry her up and down the basement stairs some days. She sits at the bottom and just meows. She is almost 19 so I'm sure it's a bit hard to handle.

The fish are always over feed and getting to be carp sized. The guina pigs are very over feed and are quite plump.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

well...mine aren't spoiled like y'alls!
    Hardly any table food ever. Not really good for the anyway.
    The dog is not allowed upstairs, so never slept with us. He is also not allowed on any of the furniture.
    The cat is allowed on the table in the front room, and on my lap in the computer room, but not on the sofa's or chairs in the living room (yes, he knows the differnece).

Now, since I've told you how aweful my pets lives are....

They get all the love any animal could need. Constant pets, belly scratches (yes cat too.. he thinks he's a dog), run and play out side etc. Very happy pets.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Rox
    riding through Paris with the warm wind in my hair
    Originally posted by nlmcp
    Geez after reading this I don't spoil my dog and cat enough.

Thats what I was thinking!
    "The fastest way to succeed is to look as if you're playing by somebody else's rules, while quietly playing by your own."

I suppose my dog is not that spoiled, but some of my non-dog-loving family members beg to differ. My dog is an inside dog, and the majority of my family thinks dogs should live outside. Anyway, that's another story.

Let's see, my dog is allowed to get on my bed, as long as she sleeps at the corner end of the bed. She won't eat her dog food unless I mix it with whatever the family is eating. Spare me the sermons. I know it's bad for them, but it's just a little bit so it can satisfy her curiosity. She whines when she wants to go outside, and 10 minutes later, she whines that she wants to get inside. This goes on all day when we are home with her. It get's to be a pain.

Also, she likes to be petted constantly. If you don't, she will put her head under your hand and won't leave until she is satisfied.

Originally posted by Wolf
    I suppose my dog is not that spoiled, but some of my non-dog-loving family members beg to differ. My dog is an inside dog, and the majority of my family thinks dogs should live outside. Anyway, that's another story.
    My, that sounds like my in-laws an me

Let's see, my dog is allowed to get on my bed, as long as she sleeps at the corner end of the bed. She won't eat her dog food unless I mix it with whatever the family is eating. Spare me the sermons. I know it's bad for them, but it's just a little bit so it can satisfy her curiosity.
    I hope I didn't sound sermony... I give friendly scraps, just not a lot all the time... and always in his bowl

She whines when she wants to go outside, and 10 minutes later, she whines that she wants to get inside. This goes on all day when we are home with her. It get's to be a pain.
    My god, I have your dogs brother!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by cali
    I hope I didn't sound sermony... I give friendly scraps, just not a lot all the time... and always in his bowl
    Not at all, Cali! I just wanted to state that I know that table scraps are bad for dogs, so others wouldn't get the impression that I didn't know that.

My dog also gets her table scraps in her bowl. Of course, these are seelctive table scraps like chicken (no bones, i know that) and meat. She also loves cheese. I sometimes mix a little bit of shredded cheese with her dry dog food, and she's in heaven.

Besides the whine, she also howls and "talks" sometimes. Huskies are known for that. It's actually really cool. I do put a stop to her constant whining about going in and out of the condo every 10 minutes or so. I'll scold her, and that'll keep her quiet for a while.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast