+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how bad do you spoil your pet?

My dog is pretty spoiled, but nothing like you. She sleeps in the bed with me when that big mean man is out of town, and she sleeps on the couch when the big mean man is out of the house, and she doesn't get many table scraps because the big mean man won't let her. But I do. Not too many though because it makes her sick.

We brought her back from Australia, so that's pretty spoiled right there.

I think we had a thread a loooong time ago for this.

My dog has her own chair, with ottoman, in the living room that's hers only. It's the only furniture she's allowed on, and no one else can sit there.

When she walks through the room, she will walk between the couch and the coffee table, which I usually have my feet on (yeah, I know). She will bump my leg with her head, and then stand there until I move my legs to walk through. Never mind that she's got 15' on the other side that's free and clear.

We most of the time will feed her 2 pieces of whatever meat we're eating for dinner, each. She'll lay by my chair until I'm done, because I always finish first. After I feed her, then she'll go lay by my wife's chair.

If we don't feed her at the exact same time each night, she'll lay by her dish and start pushing it around the floor with her nose.

When it's snowing outside, she wants outside every 10 minutes. She'll come up to me, start bouncing on her front paws, and whine a little, wagging her tail. If you don't let her out, she'll lay down, and every minute or so, move a little and groan really loud.

She sleeps in the bedroom, on the floor, but she won't go into the bedroom until you grab her a meaty-bone and start walking in there. She'll stay in the living room all night if you *gasp* manage to forget.

When she rides in the car, she gets the window down, regardless of the weather. Back window, passenger side. If you don't put it down, she'll nudge your arm and whine the whole trip.

Oh, there's more, but that's it for starters.

Magus
    My severely overweight 14-year-old cat likes deli sliced meats (turkey, chicken, and honey ham), he gets a half dozen packages each week, and I run a few slices under the hot tap for a sec to take the chill off of it. He insists on this. He also eats canned tuna regularly. For treats he gets a can of whipped cream each week. He won't touch the stuff that comes in a tub, it must be in a can. All that plus he stands on my head until I lift the blanket for him to crawl under so he can sleep in the pocket between my side and arm. Yeah I'm a push-over, but he's a geezer and he's my bestest bud.

Ok, a can of whipped cream, now THAT's spoiled

We give my dog a pill every day, and we used to put it in a piece of cheese. Of course, we only buy Kraft singles, and my wife said "I'm not buying that more expensive cheese just for the dog!" So, she bought some cheap stuff. Put the pill in it, gave it to the dog, and she promptly spit it back out. We couldn't get her to eat it.

So, we switched to peanut butter. But it has to be a particular kind, or she won't touch it.

Damn spoiled dogs

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    ok more from me and mine

Ilikai and I chat every saturday and sunday morning, to lie about how hard our work week went. at 7am. if the wife or I even twitch they get all excited because we usually take them out into the desert to let them run all over un-leashed. My job is to watch out for coyotes. (we have seen several over the years while going out or coming in and even had to go to another part when one was too close to where we were going that day), it's funny, it's like they got a watch on and know its time, don't do it during the work week, just the weekend. funny how they know.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12