+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Any talk radio fans at the Fort?

I usually listen to CDs, but there is an AM sports talk radio station here called The Ticket that I love. They don't always talk about sports, they talk about other stuff just as much, if not more, than they do sports, & they are hilarious. If it does happen to get too sports-heavy, I'll turn it off (only one show on there is really truly all sports though, the rest do other stuff as well as talk about sports). However, in the past few months, there has been a new radio station called Jack FM that plays just a smorgasboard of different kinds of music from the 60's to current & I like it a lot too. Since they're new, they don't have a ton of commercials yet, so I enjoy that too.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    I agree... and I laugh my arse off at their games. They are fun.

I dont think we get Dr. Joy Brown or Dr. Laura anywhere, do we???

I think they are on AM.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by mstvfan
    ... ther shows on my favorites list include the Michael Reagan show, Glenn Beck, Car Talk, Sean Hannity, and sometimes Michael Savage.
    Hey, mstvfan! That's pretty much MY list, too! I LOVE Michael Savage, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck (have you noticed he's cut down on those pregnant pauses he used to do? Those drove me nuts) a little Howard Stern in the morning (when he's not talking politics), Mike Gallagher, Armstrong and Getty out of the Sacramento area (Joeguy, do you get them in Reno?) a little Bill O'Reilly (but he's wearing on me lately) ... oooh, I know there's more, but I'm blanking. I'll add to it if/when I think of them.

Great topic, mstvfan! I feel the same way you do, too, about Dr. Laura. I used to enjoy her a few years ago, but I agree with what you've stated here
    Quote Originally Posted by mstvfan
    ... While I agreed with much of her advice, I would often get irritated at how sharp toned she was with some of the callers.
    Plus, once her nudie pics came out in the news, then hearing about her divorce, etc. it became annoying how hypocritical she sounded. She sees too much in black and white. Sometimes there IS a gray area. Sometimes things aren't other people's fault. When she interrupts the callers I find myself screaming at her. So .... now I just don't listen.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpshaker
    Mike Gallagher, Armstrong and Getty out of the Sacramento area (Joeguy, do you get them in Reno?)
    gosh, we use to get Gallahger and G-Man, but like I said that station went under and we don't get them anymore. We have Rush, Hannity, Savage and O'Reilly on one station and One the the other is Stern, Don and Mike, Tom Leykis and John and Ken. thats all I get to listen too. Sure miss the better shows.

Joeguy, Mr. Rump and I just got back from Reno Monday (we're in the Bay Area) and during our drive we can sometimes pick up our favorite morning show guys Armstrong and Getty almost all the way to Reno. They're out of Sacramento and the signal's pretty strong. Looking at your list (which is very similar to mine ) I think you'd like them. They're on from 6:00 to 10:00 every morning.

I've caught Don and Mike from time to time and they're pretty funny. They're sort of Howard Stern Lite.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I was a big Stern fan back in the mid-90's ... but I sort of grew out of him.

The one show I miss is Lovelines. Adam Carrolla is one of the funniest radio guys ever, and Dr. Drew was awesome too. Once I moved from my hometown in 2000, I haven't heard them since. I miss that show alot.

Now, I sort of listen to ESPN radio and Stern (for about 10 minutes) in the mornings. I also think Matt Drudge puts on a good show (late Sunday nights). I wish he could take over for Limbaugh .. that would be awesome.

I love Michael Medved. He's by far my favorite radio personality. Sure's he's a staunch Republican, but he brings these weirdo left-wingers on and actually engages them in dialogue (something ole Rush refuses to do). Yesterday he had this author of "Its Just a Plant" on the show (the "plant" in the book title is marijuana). It cracked me up. I don't know where he finds these people. Maybe he can get that whacko professor from Colorado on next.

I also love Dave Ramsey. He really does help people, and he's not afraid to give it straight to people. I don't understand how anyone can argue with 1) elimiate debt, 2) tear up credit cards, and 3) pay cash for things.

Finally, I love Hugh Hewitt. He's a little pompous, but in a gregarious way. I find him very charismatic and humorous. He seems like he'd be a great dinner guest. Maybe I should invite him to my next shin dig.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    when i went to visit Ilikai, I was in salt lake city and could get KFI out of los angeles in the early morning as we were driving out. that just amazed me as the signal had to go over the sierras to get that far. but we had it for about two hours till we got into more mountains. their morning show was good

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    But the radio show I live for? This American Life. I even went to see a live taping of it. Ira Glass RaWkS!!!
    I attended a live taping of Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! in Chicago in July. Ira Glass was the "opening act." His topic was the building of Millenium Park in Chicago, where the taping was. That entire experience kicked major booty. I don't listen to This American Life much, but I've liked what I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic
    The one show I miss is Lovelines. Adam Carrolla is one of the funniest radio guys ever, and Dr. Drew was awesome too. Once I moved from my hometown in 2000, I haven't heard them since. I miss that show alot.
    Loveline's a good show too. I used to listen to it more often. I was always amused when someone would call and Adam and Dr. Drew would take bets on if it was a fake call.

How cool are you, going to see "Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me!" live. Sleepy, you should totally go listen to This American Life on their website--all the shows are free so who's it gonna hurt?

OMG, flash from the past, I remember Loveline from when I was a teenager! I actually had a crush on Adam Corolla based solely on his voice--and, oddly, from his portrayal of "Mr. Beecham" the shop teacher on K-Rock in the mornings. Okay, now I've told you all FAR TOO MUCH. *slinks away abashedly*
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345