+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any talk radio fans at the Fort?

I also forgot to mention that on occasions I'll listen to Dr. Joy Brown. She can get downright brutally honest which can be humorous and wincing at the same time.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

I think political talk radio is the scourge of modern media, and a principle reason the country was so divided in the last election. There's very little nuance or understanding. It's mostly name-calling, scapegoating, cheap shots and uninformed or intellectually dishonest opinions labeled "the truth."
    Other than that, it's OK, I suppose.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor
    I think political talk radio is the scourge of modern media, and a principle reason the country was so divided in the last election. There's very little nuance or understanding. It's mostly name-calling, scapegoating, cheap shots and uninformed or intellectually dishonest opinions labeled "the truth."
    Other than that, it's OK, I suppose.
    I agree. I listen to NPR for about an hour in the morning when I'm getting ready for work. Other than that, I listen to KJR the local sports talk radio show a fair amount. I'm not particularly fond of the morning host but I love Groz with Gas which plays from 3-5 pm weekdays.

I hate Michael Savage. I had a horrible experience with a borderline insane cab driver who took me to the airport once and bought every single word out of Savage's mouth and insisted on sharing every single thing he had "learned" from Savage with me. I tried to just not answer and discourage him. That didn't work. I had to bite my tongue to keep from getting dumped on the side of I-5 with my suitcase.
    Last edited by Mariner; 01-30-2005 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by candor
    I think political talk radio is the scourge of modern media, ....[snipped partial sentence]... There's very little nuance or understanding. It's mostly name-calling, scapegoating, cheap shots and uninformed or intellectually dishonest opinions labeled "the truth."
    I agree with the parts I quoted above. That's why I stopped listening to people like Rush Limbaugh and others like him, whether liberal, conservative, Republican, Democrat, et al. It's very one-sided, whichever side the host happens to be on, and because it's his/her forum, there's really nothing that can be done about it.

But since I'm aware of all that, I can blissfully tune out the political talk shows that are biased one way only. I do enjoy other types of talk though, other than the ones I mentioned in my first post.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    I love talk radio. For some reason I'm not into music right now.

Mornings I listen to WRIF Mike and Drew (or sometimes Howard)
    Mid day I listen a real dumb show called Moter City Middays on 97.1 Talk
    but the show I really love is Domicski and Doyle (D & D) starting at 3pm on 97.1
    (this is all in Detroit) I adore those two, I find them very funny.

Plus some nights I listen to Parker and the Man which is all sports. I don't even like sports. I guess I'm just avoiding listening to music lately unless the kids are in the car.
    Heh..... I listen to 97.1 as well when I'm in the car, but generally not in the morning. Deminski and Doyle are fun to listen to, but mainly because I think Deminski's such an uptight idiot. Some of his opinions just make me want to bang my head against the steering wheel out of frustration, but that's what makes it fun.

Good ol' Robb Parker. Can you tell me why he got in that "niyun" kick instead of saying "nine"???? Drives me batty... but I love the sports talk.

What station is Dr. Laura on? I'm not too familiar with talk radio other than Stern, NPR, and local sports talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Heh..... I listen to 97.1 as well when I'm in the car, but generally not in the morning. Deminski and Doyle are fun to listen to, but mainly because I think Deminski's such an uptight idiot. Some of his opinions just make me want to bang my head against the steering wheel out of frustration, but that's what makes it fun.

Good ol' Robb Parker. Can you tell me why he got in that "niyun" kick instead of saying "nine"???? Drives me batty... but I love the sports talk.
    That's part of the reason I love the show, Deminski has all these very odd neuritic thoughts and just a messed up family life (ok, he now has the new wife and the baby on the way) and Doyle is so laid back about everything. It's just fun to listen too, now and then it gets political but most of the time it's just about this strange crap that means almost nothing. (but in a good way)

No idea on Robb Parker, I'm not even sure why I listen, I just do.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    to lizard people living under the surface of the earth controling everything. Quite entertaining.
    entertaining huh? your next on our list!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    entertaining huh? your next on our list!!!!!!
    You gotta find me first.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    Yep Ilikai, Jim is still on in the afternoons...he's my favorite of the Real Radio crew. The Monsters have moved into the morning slot and I just don't listen to them all that often anymore cause I have the radio on either before they are on or after.

Ohhh George Noorey is good too! I catch the end of him in the mornings on my way to work. I can't say he's my favorite, but Phil Hendrie is good for laughs as well when I can catch him.....it took me a while to get the gist of his show, but now I find it hilarious.

I remember when the monsters were just two dudes starting the get their show started on saturday mornings. and Phil Hendrie, you do know he is also the guest that he is interviewing don't you? took me a while to realise that.. we use to have him here in reno and also the G-Man. but they didn't seem to catch on here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast